FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   YYZ Transborder F84+ Gate Renovation; could it be a new MLL?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1971597-yyz-transborder-f84-gate-renovation-could-new-mll.html)

yyz_consulted May 28, 19 7:19 am

YYZ Transborder F84+ Gate Renovation; could it be a new MLL??
 
Anyone have any details or link to more info for the renovations going on gateside in the US AC CRJ (Air Georgian) gates. Looks like they're building gates capable of loading at least an A320 size aircraft. Plus a room that looks like it could be a lounge??

InTheAirGuy May 28, 19 7:32 am

I asked one of the Air Canada staff. She said she had no idea. I thought these people work at the airport.

Bombardier C-Series?

pitz May 28, 19 7:46 am

There's been a bit of a shift in the aircraft AC and its partners use for their sorties, so it would make sense to convert some of the under-utilized areas to accommodate the aircraft that are in use. CRJ's and DH1's have been leaving the fleet and their ops at YYZ are certainly down since T1 was originally constructed.

ChrisA330 May 28, 19 7:59 am

This is what is now referred to as Pier G...dramatically scaled down from the original plan years ago. It will add 5 additional gates with boarding bridges for narrow body aircraft.

YXUFlyboy May 28, 19 8:35 am

Those F gates are terrible. Glad they are renovating.

lcohen999 May 28, 19 11:03 am


Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy (Post 31145558)
Those F gates are terrible. Glad they are renovating.

They have gotten much better of late. Bar, restaurant, new washrooms. Aside from the long walk to get there.

From the rumour I heard, there is supposed to be a MLL lounge going in there, too.

yyz_consulted Jun 9, 19 7:12 pm

Update to this post. Saw signage has gone up for a "Maple Leaf Lounge Express" (that's a first) near the entrance to the regional gates. No hours posted but looks similar to the lounge at Billy Bishop. Interesting!

lcohen999 Jun 9, 19 9:03 pm


Originally Posted by yyz_consulted (Post 31186723)
Update to this post. Saw signage has gone up for a "Maple Leaf Lounge Express" (that's a first) near the entrance to the regional gates. No hours posted but looks similar to the lounge at Billy Bishop. Interesting!

I guess the rumour I heard was true

Given the walk, it is a great place for a coffee/snack after that long walk

ANZ does this with their regional gates in AKL and CHC

SteadyAT Jun 9, 19 9:06 pm


Originally Posted by yyz_consulted (Post 31186723)
Update to this post. Saw signage has gone up for a "Maple Leaf Lounge Express" (that's a first) near the entrance to the regional gates. No hours posted but looks similar to the lounge at Billy Bishop. Interesting!

Do you mean just an open waiting area with free coffee / snacks served like the YTZ lounge used to be? (YTZ now only has paid concessions / shops.)

entropy Jun 10, 19 9:07 am

can't find any info on the GTAA about it either. but its a vast improvement from the dumpy barn it was a few years ago, nevertheless, a nice MLL express area with drinks and snacks would be nice, esp as these flights are often delayed and its a long hike from the MLL.

ridefar Jun 10, 19 9:24 am

I was told by somebody that works at the airport that many of the planes will be changed too... CRJ-900s or whatever the current model is for the NE and Midwest USA routes, to replace the ancient whatever they are regional jets that are all Y. Which I optimistically took to mean an actual J product too. Sometime this fall? It would make sense if they are trying to capture J pax for overseas routes originating in the USA. Also would make the lounge make more sense.

ChrisA330 Jun 10, 19 9:29 am


Originally Posted by ridefar (Post 31188193)
I was told by somebody that works at the airport that many of the planes will be changed too... CRJ-900s or whatever the current model is for the NE and Midwest USA routes, to replace the ancient whatever they are regional jets that are all Y. Which I optimistically took to mean an actual J product too. Sometime this fall? It would make sense if they are trying to capture J pax for overseas routes originating in the USA. Also would make the lounge make more sense.

A lot of the changes were supposed to happen for the summer, but I think given the 7M8 debacle, there have been delays.

This gives you a bit of a view of some of the changes: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...s-to-sep-2019/

canadiancow Jun 10, 19 10:49 am


Originally Posted by entropy (Post 31188146)
can't find any info on the GTAA about it either. but its a vast improvement from the dumpy barn it was a few years ago, nevertheless, a nice MLL express area with drinks and snacks would be nice, esp as these flights are often delayed and its a long hike from the MLL.

If it has drinks and snacks, how is it different from the regular MLL? :p

canopus27 Jun 11, 19 2:29 pm

I'm here right now.

The new lounge is not open yet ... but it looks pretty close.

The agents told me that it will have "light" service, but that it will have alcohol. Of course, the agents in the main TB lounge told me that the express lounge was already open now, so YMMV on the "will have alcohol" answer.

Here's the outside
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2612e3b197.jpg

and with that, two construction guys wheeled a cart full of supplies in, so I suck my hand in and took an inside picture
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...724e48856c.jpg

canadiancow Jun 11, 19 3:31 pm

Damn. I wonder if I'll ever have a good reason to be down that way. I don't do many short TB hops from YYZ.

Now all they need is a TB SS for SFO/LAX ;)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:45 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.