FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   YYZ Transborder F84+ Gate Renovation; could it be a new MLL?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1971597-yyz-transborder-f84-gate-renovation-could-new-mll.html)

noname83 Jun 14, 2019 12:03 pm

Beer, wine, liqueur and welcome cocktails / sparkling wine

canadiancow Jun 14, 2019 12:12 pm

I don't think the sparkling wine will last very long, unfortunately.

jasdou Jun 14, 2019 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31203119)
I don't think the sparkling wine will last very long, unfortunately.

There was sparkling wine in the EWR MLL last week. Reasonably decent Prosecco. Hopefully this will spread across the network.

canadiancow Jun 14, 2019 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou (Post 31203136)

There was sparkling wine in the EWR MLL last week. Reasonably decent Prosecco. Hopefully this will spread across the network.

I really hope I'm wrong then :)

I haven't been in a MLL for a few weeks, but I didn't even look for sparkling wine because I assumed there wouldn't be any.

But not all beverages are network-wide. The Ontario MLLs all use LCBO, so they have a slightly different selection.

RatherBeInYOW Jun 14, 2019 12:41 pm

+1 you don't have to do the long hike from the Transborder MLL.

-1 you are probably flying Air Georgian and your flight is canceled.

yyzgigi Jun 14, 2019 12:54 pm

This is great news should help with the elevator congestion.

yyznomad Jun 14, 2019 1:28 pm

I see a heating lamp for hot food?

yyzgigi Jun 16, 2019 4:19 pm

Checked it out this afternoon. Didn’t see any heating lamp but is possible it was removed. It was soup, bread, nachos, sauces. Same alcohol selection less Guinness draft. Sparkling wine was probably an opening event thing.

RangerNS Jun 16, 2019 4:31 pm

This will make lounge/gate chicken much easier if I start commuting to ORD.

jasdou Jun 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS (Post 31209313)
This will make lounge/gate chicken much easier if I start commuting to ORD.

Don’t the ORD flights usually depart from F60ish gates? If so that new lounge won’t really help as it’s farther away that the regular TB MLL.

yyz_consulted Jun 17, 2019 6:02 am

Just talked to the agent in the MLL Express and asked about hot food. He said they have the same food and timings as the main transborder lounge including hot food options!

lcohen999 Jun 18, 2019 6:42 am

A slightly amusing announcement in the main TB MLL this AM letting everyone know about the new MLL Express, with a note that there are no magazines at the MLL Express

yyznomad Jun 19, 2019 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by yyz_consulted (Post 31210677)
Just talked to the agent in the MLL Express and asked about hot food. He said they have the same food and timings as the main transborder lounge including hot food options!

So like hot food served from 12:01PM to 12:23PM (briskly removed by contract staff, as if their lives were at stake) and 5:46PM to 6:02PM (briskly removed by contract staff, as if their lives were at stake).

ABW Jun 20, 2019 7:20 pm

I was in the lounge today for approx 3 hours, hot food was pizza which was served until 2 PM then switch to nachos, hummus, etc....

Being based in YYT, the food selection in the 'Express' lounge seems very similar to what we have in our new lounge.

There were a lot of staff in the lounge, I assume this will be adjusted as they see usage levels.

nm761 Jun 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by lcohen999 (Post 31214341)
A slightly amusing announcement in the main TB MLL this AM letting everyone know about the new MLL Express, with a note that there are no magazines at the MLL Express

As far as I understand, that's due to space constraints there plus there's PressReader available for all your digital reading needs.