Wiki Posts
Search

Spend accounting for AC vs. WJ

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 12:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, HH
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yep. Avis Preferred and Hertz Gold are good... but all of the companies are pretty much the same in that you can (usually) bypass the counter.

The OP is going through what I went through at the beginning... thinking of my "now" priorities (based on my lack of knowledge of what being a frequent flier is and being a member of a program with perks that I had yet to learn about or know how to take advantage of), and thinking much less about the ROI for the future. I think KH above sums it up nicely, and cow alluded to it initially.
I do have Avis Preferred, 4 rentals away from Emerald Executive. Unfortunately none of them help me at small airports where one does have to go through the counter.

If I'm reading KH's comment right, he's in agreement with me, if routes/fares/schedules are equivalent, travel is mostly domestic and being only a semi-frequent traveler (i.e. no guarantee to 35 segments, or even 25 segments for that matter), WS Gold beats AC P25K hands down. It doesn't even matter "what I want".

From now until end of 2020, I'll give P25K a honest shot and switch to WS starting 2021 and see what comes of each. I think I'll have a much better idea by then, exactly like several of you mentioned, don't know or have experience of having status making it somewhat difficult to know what I would value the most.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.