Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Why can't AC IT recognize AC status member & assign Preferred seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why can't AC IT recognize AC status member & assign Preferred seats?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Are you sure you were assigned a seat automatically? Who booked the ticket? On AC.com?

I don't remember AC auto assigning seats.
It was purchased through a corporate OTA, and there was no seat selected (Standard Fare). I had looked at the seat map through EF and AC.com, never through OLCI, and when I went into the OLCI, I had a seat assigned that had been shown as occupied all day.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC

It was purchased through a corporate OTA, and there was no seat selected (Standard Fare). I had looked at the seat map through EF and AC.com, never through OLCI, and when I went into the OLCI, I had a seat assigned that had been shown as occupied all day.
Concur? Did you book within 24h?

I know you said OTA, but for sure no human was involved?

I'm just asking because, AFAIK, AC does not assign seats to passengers automatically until they check in (and close to departure, the seat map is likely changing like crazy with people booking cancelling misconnecting etc).

I'm curious because this would impact VDB/IDB strategies, and I've never heard of people saying AC automatically assigned seats (before boarding + 5 on flights with full seat maps).
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:16 pm

You know what, I just remembered, AC blocks seats sections in Y for JCDZPYB and status passengers.

Looking at the seat map may show full/blocked, but it's actually not for the above.

Actually just thought about it again, and they open that up 24h before departure so that's moot.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
You know what, I just remembered, AC blocks seats sections in Y for JCDZPYB and status passengers.

Looking at the seat map may show full/blocked, but it's actually not for the above.

Actually just thought about it again, and they open that up 24h before departure so that's moot.
Do they open it up at T-24, or in DCS? To most people, there's no difference, but can you select those seats through MMB at T-12?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:41 pm

TBH I don't know for sure. ​​​​​But I want to say it's Iikely DCS/OLCI driven.

We could test that right now actually on any 777/787 within 24h...
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:44 pm

Looks like it might be DCS. I just checked 21F on AC121 tomorrow.

Bookable in Y/B, but not in flex.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.