FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Applying an Air Canada Bistro code to a Comfort fare (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1964743-applying-air-canada-bistro-code-comfort-fare.html)

jasdou Jan 26, 2020 5:36 am

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 31994939)
I flew two flights on a comfort fare last week, and neither one had BVRG printed on the BP.

I asked the GA about it (before they started boarding), and she checked in the system and said that she did in fact see my BVRG indication in the system, and so it was ok that there was nothing on my BP because the FA would have the information onboard.

Except she didn't. When I asked, onboard, she said there was no indication that I was on a comfort fare. I insisted, and eventually she did give me the (pre-paid) drink ... but only reluctantly, and only after a protracted discussion that I would really rather not have had.

It was déjà vu all over again on the return flight ... no BVRG on the BP, the GA said everything would be fine, the FA said it wasn't on her system, and we had to debate at length about it. sigh.

Well, I'm flying again tomorrow, also on a comfort fare, and I've just checked in. Guess what? There's no BVRG indication on this BP, either.

No idea if this was a downstream effect of Amadeus or something else ... but it seems to me that the system is broken again. I'd love to hear from others ... has anyone else flown on the comfort fare in the past month or so? Did you see BVRG on your BP?

I flew 3 segments on a non-upgraded Comfort fare last week, none of my boarding passes showed BVRG. I did not notice it at check in and did not care about it on board so I only noticed now when I read your post and went back to check my BP.

canopus27 Jan 26, 2020 6:55 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31995125)
Does it mention Comfort on the top left above the ticket number?

That might help if you pull out the Bistro menu and show the part about Comfort fares.
​​​​​

Good suggestion, but ... nope.

Last week I pulled out my phone and showed the FA the email copy of the ticket, which *does* say "comfort" .... but ... sigh .... it's a PITA, and I hate to have to argue my case like that in the first case.

I've just submitted a formal customer service ticket for this. Not really interested in the 2.37% coupon they may throw my way, but hopefully it will help get some attention paid to fixing the actual problem.

canopus27 Jan 26, 2020 12:23 pm

OK, I'm now back at the airport. This time I decided to talk to the checkin agent. Found a super helpful woman at the YYZ TB SE checkin, who would not let go of the issue. I was early, so I had time for her to work the system ... and after she made two calls to the help desk, I now have a BP that correctly says BVRG on it.

I asked if she could give me any details about the problem, but all she would tell me is that one internal system is copying the BVRG note into another field in DCS - but DCS a field that neither shows on the BP nor the manifest. She said that all I could do was continue to check the BP at checkin time, and then ask the checkin agent to call the help desk and have them fix it. She did also note that the help desk had logged this as an issue, so hopefully it will get addressed properly, too.

musicmtl Jan 26, 2020 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by YYT82 (Post 31995015)
But you were already in J, so BVRG is irrelevant. :p

Actually... I was in a similar situation, comfort fare, upgraded to J, had BVRG on boarding pass. I wanted one of those San Pellegrino lemon sodas. The FA said no, that he didn't have that. I mentioned that they were available in Y, thinking he could just grab one for me, but he said it wasn't part of the J service and I'd have to pay for it! So, the BVRG took care of that. I couldn't believe that he wouldn't just give me the darn soda, lol.

172pilot Jan 26, 2020 4:51 pm

I am flying to MEX tonight on a comfort fare. No BVRG on the BP and Comfort not indicated either. Went to the check in agent. After 30 mins on the phone with IT, she added BVRG manually to the remarks section of the BP.

DNAwizard Jan 27, 2020 7:48 am

Same issue here as well. No BVRG on recent Comfort fare flights. I used eUP to upgrade to J so did not really paid attention to my BP until I read this thread. As others, I have more upcoming flights on Comfort fare that I do not anticipate to upgrade. Hopefully, this issue will be solved sooner than later. Thanks to @canopus27, the issue has been logged and we now know that it can be fixed with a call to the Help Desk.

canadiancow Jan 27, 2020 9:39 am

This is why I only buy CO during EYW :p

DrunkCargo Jan 27, 2020 2:14 pm

No BVRG on any of my comfort fares for the last while. Getting the AQM bonus though.

Today was the first time it mattered: paid for my single scotch on a jazz flight. Do I dispute the airfare or the drink? ;) will note that FA confirmed nothing special on the PIL

YYT82 Jan 27, 2020 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo (Post 32001111)
No BVRG on any of my comfort fares for the last while. Getting the AQM bonus though.

Today was the first time it mattered: paid for my single scotch on a jazz flight. Do I dispute the airfare or the drink? ;) will note that FA confirmed nothing special on the PIL

Why not dispute both? You paid for a service you did not receive, and you paid for something you were entitled to.

yyznomad Jan 27, 2020 6:32 pm

So for now, it's (free) SDC on latitude fares and free BVRG on CO fares that are advertised as part of the fare, but not being properly offered by AC?

canopus27 Jan 27, 2020 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 32001899)
So for now, it's (free) SDC on latitude fares and free BVRG on CO fares that are advertised as part of the fare, but not being properly offered by AC?

I prefer the term "included" (or possibly "pre-paid") when it comes to things like that.

yyznomad Jan 28, 2020 5:45 am

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 32001947)
I prefer the term "included" (or possibly "pre-paid") when it comes to things like that.

Agreed.

24left Jan 28, 2020 7:00 am

Here is a link to AC's page Fare Options and Fees, which includes basic inclusions for each fare, travel benefits and so on. I also added 2 screen shots, the first from a sample purchase page and the second from the Fares' page.

The CO fare is on the pages for Canada and the U.S. This is the Canadian page link.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...in-canada.html

I created a wiki with similar info. Perhaps someone can update it to have larger view images, but I will add them in this post as well.

From a sample purchase

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...bd8067ab9d.png

From the AC page for fare options

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b7fa938cc3.png