FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Applying an Air Canada Bistro code to a Comfort fare (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1964743-applying-air-canada-bistro-code-comfort-fare.html)

skybluesea Apr 12, 2019 12:13 am

delete

lcohen999 Apr 12, 2019 6:18 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 30991422)
Did you show your BP and they denied you because it wasn't on the PIL?

Sorry, I didn't make it clear enough. A bit of west to east jet fog

She told me it happens far too often and takes people on their word (I did show my BP regardless) and got my drink.

yyznomad Jul 3, 2019 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou (Post 30986617)

Thanks for this. I will be flying on a combination of Comfort fare and Bistro code again on Friday. I will be sure to report back.

@jasdou

You didn't report back in this thread regarding your Friday, April 12, 2019 flight!

I know you might think I'm crazy dredging this up for kicks, but I'm creating a full on wiki of codes for this forum, so the behaviors/BP codes exhibited in this thread are of value! :)

24left Jul 3, 2019 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31266984)
@jasdou

You didn't report back in this thread regarding your Friday, April 12, 2019 flight!

I know you might think I'm crazy dredging this up for kicks, but I'm creating a full on wiki of codes for this forum, so the behaviors/BP codes exhibited in this thread are of value! :)

@yyznomad
@jasdou and I both bought CO fares and used Bistro codes. But our upgrades cleared so didn't think about it while having our westbound adventure in J........ of which you've seen photos.

EDIT to add: I found my BP

On the front, the cute little knife & fork icon. On the back the code for both the Bistro and the CO fare.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d83830b65b.png

yyznomad Jul 3, 2019 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 31267016)
@yyznomad

@jasdou and I both bought CO fares and used Bistro codes. But our upgrades cleared so didn't think about it while having our westbound adventure in J........ of which you've seen photos.

Oh ok. Thanks.
I hope you didn't expect me to remember that I saw your photos of this April 12, 2019 flight in question. :p

24left Jul 3, 2019 5:15 pm

I just edited my post to add the BP with codes.

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31267034)
Oh ok. Thanks.
I hope you didn't expect me to remember that I saw your photos of this April 12, 2019 flight in question. :p

​​​​​​​Yes I did.

yyznomad Jul 3, 2019 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 31267051)
I just edited my post to add the BP with codes.

Great, thanks.

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 31267051)
​​​​​​​Yes I did.

You know me well enough to know something like that ain't gonna happen (not by choice). ;)

yyznomad Jul 3, 2019 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 31267016)
@yyznomad

EDIT to add: I found my BP

On the front, the cute little knife & fork icon. On the back the code for both the Bistro and the CO fare.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d83830b65b.png

Thanks for the update. So this jives with one or two other posters upthread showing both codes in the remarks.
I wonder if @jasdou still only had the PR07 and no BVRG.

jasdou Jul 3, 2019 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31267064)
Thanks for the update. So this jives with one or two other posters upthread showing both codes in the remarks.
I wonder if @jasdou still only had the PR07 and no BVRG.

That whole trip ended up being messed up. There was an op-up involved, a few attempted eUpgrade and a botched same-day stand-by.

I recently threw out a stack of BPs, including the ones from that trip. That being said, I just went back to check the expired BPs in the app to confirm what I remembered. The three boarding passes of my outbound did not show anything at all in the remarks section whereas the three ones for my return did feature PR07 but no BVRG.

I discussed this with the gate agent in YQB. She seemed confused but could see the remarks on the screen, she just couldn’t get them to print. I believe she ended up telling the Rouge lead FA about my case so that I could get my stuff. However I ended up getting an opup so I didn’t chase this any further.

Anyway, it appears this is still confused and inconsistent. Surprised?

yyznomad Jul 4, 2019 7:25 am

Originally Posted by jasdou (Post 31267869)

That whole trip ended up being messed up. There was an op-up involved, a few attempted eUpgrade and a botched same-day stand-by.

I recently threw out a stack of BPs, including the ones from that trip. That being said, I just went back to check the expired BPs in the app to confirm what I remembered. The three boarding passes of my outbound did not show anything at all in the remarks section whereas the three ones for my return did feature PR07 but no BVRG.

I discussed this with the gate agent in YQB. She seemed confused but could see the remarks on the screen, she just couldn’t get them to print. I believe she ended up telling the Rouge lead FA about my case so that I could get my stuff. However I ended up getting an opup so I didn’t chase this any further.

Anyway, it appears this is still confused and inconsistent. Surprised?

Hmm, interesting. So @24left received the correct remarks but you did not.
Should I be surprised? :p

(and that story does sound like a cluster)

screw2000 Dec 4, 2019 1:36 pm

Guess this is still an issue. Flew Rouge last week on a Comfort fare + prepaid Bistro voucher.

BP on both the outbound and return had BVRG only (no PR07).

GA saw it in the system but couldn't get it to print.

FA list didn't show the drink, but had the meal (listed as "special meal").

canopus27 Jan 25, 2020 8:24 pm

I flew two flights on a comfort fare last week, and neither one had BVRG printed on the BP.

I asked the GA about it (before they started boarding), and she checked in the system and said that she did in fact see my BVRG indication in the system, and so it was ok that there was nothing on my BP because the FA would have the information onboard.

Except she didn't. When I asked, onboard, she said there was no indication that I was on a comfort fare. I insisted, and eventually she did give me the (pre-paid) drink ... but only reluctantly, and only after a protracted discussion that I would really rather not have had.

It was déjà vu all over again on the return flight ... no BVRG on the BP, the GA said everything would be fine, the FA said it wasn't on her system, and we had to debate at length about it. sigh.

Well, I'm flying again tomorrow, also on a comfort fare, and I've just checked in. Guess what? There's no BVRG indication on this BP, either.

No idea if this was a downstream effect of Amadeus or something else ... but it seems to me that the system is broken again. I'd love to hear from others ... has anyone else flown on the comfort fare in the past month or so? Did you see BVRG on your BP?

24left Jan 25, 2020 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 31994939)
....... I'd love to hear from others ... has anyone else flown on the comfort fare in the past month or so? Did you see BVRG on your BP?

@canopus27

Data point for the BP: This was in December. Ticket was purchased well before Amadeus migration.
Called in for the upgrade requests due to PNR and upgrade page issues.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...41bc2ce519.png

YYT82 Jan 25, 2020 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 31994989)
@canopus27

Data point for the BP: This was in December. Ticket was purchased well before Amadeus migration.
Called in for the upgrade requests due to PNR and upgrade page issues.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...41bc2ce519.png

But you were already in J, so BVRG is irrelevant. :p

canadiancow Jan 25, 2020 10:01 pm

Does it mention Comfort on the top left above the ticket number?

That might help if you pull out the Bistro menu and show the part about Comfort fares.

​​​​​