Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Business/Executive Class - Upgrade question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2003, 8:11 am
Original Poster

I am a new SE with a question about upgrading. I fly predominantly short flights (YYZ-YQT, YYZ-EWR, YYZ-YUL) and purchase refundable, full-fare (or almosrt full-fare) tickets. My company does not allow purchasing business/executive for short haul flights. Here is my question - Is their a way to upgrade to Business/Executive other than the certificates I get from time-to-time (excluding gate upgrades)? Can you upgrade with points? Can you purchase upgrade certificates. I am also AA Gold and it is easy to upgrade from any fare by purchasing certificates. -
Old Jul 6, 2003, 8:24 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Bridge,

For short flights like those that you refer to above, AC does offer upgrade certificates that you can buy.. They are actually quite cheap ($140 for four tickets).. and will allow you to upgrade if you buy them on Y or M fare..

The link is below from AC website...
http://www.aircanada.ca/services/upgrade/
Old Jul 6, 2003, 9:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bridge3B:
I am also AA Gold and it is easy to upgrade from any fare by purchasing certificates. -</font>
Air Canada works differently because they did not want to copy other's plan. They want to design one that works best for Canadians according to AP president. So no upgrade with points, no "rule buster / capacity buster" for regular members... This was asked during a chatroom discussion with AP president.

They do however, want to match all the fees that other airlines charge as it is industrial standard.

This airlines has... quite a double standard.

Old Jul 7, 2003, 9:30 am

bridge3B,

send me an e-mail. I have some information which might be able to help you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.