Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Empress for moderator

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2003, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> Originally posted by parnel:

Regardless of your BS here we do not need a moderator(s) here. </font>
Great news. May I enquire if "BS" is a spelling mistake - or just an attempted TOS violation toward me?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
As for my facts they are fine and checked.</font>
Whatever you say. I have demonstrated you are completely wrong re the Delta Forum Moderators ... but .... whatever you say.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> As to whom I was referring to--certainly not Empress.;he is king here ... </font>
Wow .. then do you have an OK to use the Royal Plural if that is that case?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> As to adherance to TOS it is very seldom that we have a thread shut down on the AC forum which should make everyone understand we don't need or want a moderator.There seems to be enough self policing here.</font>
TERRIFIC to learn things are just so peaceful, friendly and TOS abiding here.

May I assume from your comments that you must have been away on a VERY lonnnnnng vacation and nowhere near a computer only a couple months back in
April when Randy chose to post this below???? Seems to contradict your "facts" entirely:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Originally posted by Randy Petersen:

Air Canada has become one of the most emailed complaints to me recently. In the last week I've spent more time there than with any other forum. From members using the ' f ' word to other name calling and topic straying accusations.

Seems to me that a moderator might actually be necessary there. In all other cases moderators were assigned by volunteer, not by need. This may be the first where I actually will go looking to appoint a moderator in Air Canada. </font>

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come visit HERE the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Jun 29, 2003, 12:13 pm

Programs: AC.E, SPG.P, FPC.Plt, HH.G
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by The Tsar:
I think we should be moderator free. And anyway Empress contributes so much why make the burden bigger? Maybe if Empress was moderator we would get fewer questions answered and that would be a loss.</font>
I say make Empress an Honourary or even an Unoffical Moderator

Old Jun 29, 2003, 4:01 pm
At Large

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
TERRIFIC to learn things are just so peaceful, friendly and TOS abiding here. &lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsup.gif"&gt;

May I assume from your comments that you must have been away on a VERY lonnnnnng vacation and nowhere near a computer only a couple months back in
April when Randy chose to post this below???? Seems to contradict your "facts" entirely:

Originally posted by Randy Petersen:

Air Canada has become one of the most emailed complaints to me recently. In the last week I've spent more time there than with any other forum. From members using the ' f ' word to other name calling and topic straying accusations.

Seems to me that a moderator might actually be necessary there. In all other cases moderators were assigned by volunteer, not by need. This may be the first where I actually will go looking to appoint a moderator in Air Canada. </font>

If you are looking for the job apply but we don't want a moderator and maybe people will switch to "errorplan" if someone
became a moderator here.

I also notice you only answer certain parts of questions;how much do you fly AC and what is your status---inquiring minds want to know.
A little research shows me you are not the most popular person around other forums either.Are you looking for a new home to post on?

[This message has been edited by parnel (edited 06-29-2003).]
Old Jun 29, 2003, 5:06 pm
B1

Moderators are not the answer - proper posting etiquette always is. I was on a moderated forum and noticed that one post that identified the race of the person that was being scorned in a stereotypical fashion. I asked a moderators to take a look. His response was that I was being too politically correct ans I should ligthen up (He included this insight: "I wouldn't be offended if a post described a 'white male' doing something dumb"). It seemed worse to me than anything I've seen on this forum, so I am not impressed with 'moderation'.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 12:29 pm

I do not understand why we keep talking about having a moderator ( before I get criticized for using the word talking let me remind people that this is a flyertalk forum) Is to stop some of the childish posts correcting spelling mistakes ( language is used to communicate ideas-if someone understood what hunaces meant the purpose was served-- so why get into the silly, immature criticisms?). Do we really think we can't be polite and we need another person to control our output so that we can write whatever comes to our mind and hope the moderator will correct our responses? I don't think we need a moderator as long as we keep this forum's focus to what it relly is-- a give help get help board.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 12:48 pm

Perhaps we need a moderator to shut down the thread about whether we need a moderator or not.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 2:04 pm
At Large

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AAlton:
Perhaps we need a moderator to shut down the thread about whether we need a moderator or not.</font>
Lets just do it and have no more posts on this thread after this one.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 2:05 pm

Can't I get a word in here first ??

Okay - shut her down!
Old Jun 30, 2003, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by parnel:

Lets just do it and have no more posts on this thread after this one.</font>
Parnel ... did you get appointed at last? Congratulations!

Been checking on the Delta Moderators have you? Your clarification is welcome whenever you have time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.