Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLL Guest Pass "Treasure Hunt" master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: expert7700
Please edit wiki post as needed:

YVR Domestic 2/22/19
2 vouchers (expire Feb28 2019) near MLL lounge entrance
Where: payphone closest to wall across from Gate C30. open phone book to page 999
------------------------------------

YYZ T1 Checkin Outside Aisle 1 2/23/19
2 vouchers (expire Feb28 2019)
Where: Just outside YYZ Business/Elite Checkin Aisle #1. center payphone has a phone book hanging upside down. . open phone book to page 200
Lounge was full and finders could not use. Moved to Terminal 1 pamphlet rack with walking distances to F gates, in the Gate 40-60 range. Before the escalators to the gates, near the elevator to TB MLL. Fairly public (as they rush to the flight) so may not last long!

------------------------------------
YOW Gate 21 2/23/19
2 vouches (expire Feb 28 2019)
Where: Tucked underneath payphones next to Gate 21. What does YOW have against phone books?? Hope the cleaners don't get at them.

-------------------------------------
YVR TB Gate 82 2/24/19
2 vouchers (expire Feb 28 2019)
Where: YVR ransborder, left of gate 82. bank of phones, 2nd from left in empty phone book holder.
Print Wikipost

MLL Guest Pass "Treasure Hunt" master thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MQS007
How should they identify themselves?
pm sent
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Finders of the YYZ passes moved them to here:

New location of YYZ passes in gate 40-60 range near escalators to gates, elevator to MLL TB
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

OK folks,this thread is fun but is in grave danger of not serving its purpose (at least for these short dated Feb 28 2019 passes).

With under 72hrs to use these our mission as FTers has changed. No more reporting they are 'still there' or 'we don't need them... Just find someone, anyone, to use them!

Nobody wants to look at these year 2015 phone books in another 5 years and find expired coupons while frantically searching for someone's landline phone #.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by expert7700
OK folks,this thread is fun but is in grave danger of not serving its purpose (at least for these short dated Feb 28 2019 passes).

With under 72hrs to use these our mission as FTers has changed. No more reporting they are 'still there' or 'we don't need them... Just find someone, anyone, to use them!

Nobody wants to look at these year 2015 phone books in another 5 years and find expired coupons while frantically searching for someone's landline phone #.
LOLL and Exactly!

My mission to hand out the last few I have was interrupted when the 4 of us arrived after our mini-do on AC 101 on Feb 23, and we walked past the Dom MLL on our way to international side. Should my upcoming flights not get messed up due to "OMG, snow in YYZ", I will hopefully have time to hand out the last few to folks who will possibly be excited by MLL food and snacks, other than kale and edamame.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by 24left
LOLL and Exactly!

My mission to hand out the last few I have was interrupted when the 4 of us arrived after our mini-do on AC 101 on Feb 23, and we walked past the Dom MLL on our way to international side. Should my upcoming flights not get messed up due to "OMG, snow in YYZ", I will hopefully have time to hand out the last few to folks who will possibly be excited by MLL food and snacks, other than kale and edamame.
I give all ours to a group of young researchers who do some work travel but have no status and will never have. They have a lottery to see who gets. Anyone got any left over for the next year who havent / wont use who wants to add PM me 😄
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Mine are all gone - gave the last 4 to a group of 4 who were sitting on the couches outside the lounge in YVR yesterday. First year I've not had any left over!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

phonebook thing is not working as well/as quickly as we need.

So this afternoon I gave my last 3 expiring vouchers to LAX MLL attendant. She promised they would get used by passengers who would otherwise be turned away (families who aren't allowed enough guests etc).
canopus27 and kenlor like this.

Last edited by expert7700; Feb 26, 2019 at 9:47 pm
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by expert7700
phonebook thing is not working as well/as quickly as we need.

So this afternoon I gave my last 3 expiring vouchers to LAX MLL attendant. She promised they would get used by passengers who would otherwise be turned away (amilies who aren't allowed enough guests etc).
Nicely done. ^
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I had 2 left in my pocket when I was leaving YVR the other day. Had planned to leave them in a phone book in YYC.

However, there were several passengers who were getting IDB because of an aircraft downgauge - this was happening as Z1 was boarding. Walked by 2 lovely older ladies who had a look of utter shock that AC had just told them they couldn't leave on the 12:25 and now had to fly out at 5:30.

Was thrilled to be able to stop a brief moment and hand them the passes as I boarded.

I hope they drank more booze than ladies of that vintage should and stuffed their faces with chocolate chip cookies.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I had 2 left in my pocket when I was leaving YVR the other day. Had planned to leave them in a phone book in YYC.

However, there were several passengers who were getting IDB because of an aircraft downgauge - this was happening as Z1 was boarding. Walked by 2 lovely older ladies who had a look of utter shock that AC had just told them they couldn't leave on the 12:25 and now had to fly out at 5:30.

Was thrilled to be able to stop a brief moment and hand them the passes as I boarded.

I hope they drank more booze than ladies of that vintage should and stuffed their faces with chocolate chip cookies.

Ah yes.......

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30750082-post125.html
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 24left
Indeed you were part of the inspiration. You'll recall me praising this idea/action.

I was going to participate in the treasure hunt instead but the opportunity very clearly presented itself...
24left likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.