Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Nothing to eat - a carnivore's lament

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nothing to eat - a carnivore's lament

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
Originally Posted by Gynob001
Ok, include yoghurt, cheese etc that might pacify both vegetarians and the carnivores.
Throw some meat pieces in to the soup.
Include some Morningstar chicken nuggets and hotdogs ( op may not notice the difference)
If the MLL had normal, cheap IKEA style hot dogs I’d be all over it.

Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev
Five hours later, I'm in the YVR MLL, the western jewel in the crown and it's like a sense of deja vu. The identical two soups, the identical two salads, the same vegetarian cookies. Even the apples are the same. Did they transport it in the hold and rush it up to the lounge before I could get here?
The hold for such VIP cargo?! No sire Bob! Nothing but pancake J seats discarded by fellow travelers for such royalty
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:00 pm

Perhaps we should have a leaderboard setup for the MLLs across the world! Who will claim top spot in the food category this week?

-James
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by canopus27
mmmmmmm ..... bacon.
Does the LHR arrivals lounge still have bacon sandwiches? I've not been there since the move to T2.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
though one might argue that we are not really carnivores
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Unless we're on Rouge or a 737MAX
I openly admit to being one of the least intelligent people around these parts so don't let it come as a shock to you but...

I have read this Rouge/Max reply half a dozen times and tried to understand it but I just simply do not. Am I missing something or does the quip actually make zero sense whatsoever?
bawm and canadiancow like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I openly admit to being one of the least intelligent people around these parts so don't let it come as a shock to you but...

I have read this Rouge/Max reply half a dozen times and tried to understand it but I just simply do not. Am I missing something or does the quip actually make zero sense whatsoever?
Carnivore = someone who only eats meat.

The implication I was making was that flying Rogue or on a 737MAX would turn anyone into a cannibal
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
its probably a good thing I tend not to eat anything before getting on flights... sitting on a plane for 9 or 10 hours with a stomach full of food, .... not for me
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
Hipster Starter Pack.
Needs some kale
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Not having meat options makes sense for AC. Vegetarians are far more likely to aggressive complain if there is even a hint of meat anywhere near their food. Instead of being perpetually badgered by alfalfa-loving advocates they adjust accordingly knowing there will be fewer complaints from people with balanced diets.
24left likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: AC - SE100K
Originally Posted by Jagboi
Does the LHR arrivals lounge still have bacon sandwiches? I've not been there since the move to T2.
It isn't on the menu anymore, but one can order by special request :-)
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Badenoch
Not having meat options makes sense for AC. Vegetarians are far more likely to aggressive complain if there is even a hint of meat anywhere near their food. Instead of being perpetually badgered by alfalfa-loving advocates they adjust accordingly knowing there will be fewer complaints from people with balanced diets.
The word "advocate" has a certain positive, even noble connotation. I don't believe it should appear in the same sentence as "alfalfa-loving".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.