Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Help for Sat., 23 Feb. using e-up YUL-FLL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help for Sat., 23 Feb. using e-up YUL-FLL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Question Help for Sat., 23 Feb. using e-up YUL-FLL

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been posted 100 times.

I'm flying tomorrow YUL-FLL. Want to use my last E-Up's before they expire end of Feb.

I requested the e-up as soon as I was able to. I got waitlisted.

Checked-in this morning, still no upgrade.

Open the Air Canada app:

Standby tab says: Premium rouge - available
Upgrade tab says:

Capacity: 24
Booked: 22
Checkedin: 1

Then in the list under, there's a PAX with a green check before his name, then there's my name as ''1.'' No other PAX listed.

I call AC priority and she said she saw 2 available seats for purchase, but they might not release them to upgrades yet. What gives?

Thanks guys!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
You need to wait until the flight closes, usually 45 mins before departure.
--
13F
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Got it. No further action needed on my end?

If I'm first in the list, means if no one purchases paid PE, one will be assigned to me automatically?

Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Just checked expert flyer. There are 5x YUL-FLL flights tomorrow! The 1st, 4th, and 5th have lots of J space (and R). The flights at 08h20 and 13h30 do not. They are J2 R0 and J1 R0. Try a same-day-change if you really want to sit up front.
--
13F
canopus27 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:00 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
You need to wait until the flight closes, usually 45 mins before departure.
--
13F
Yes, but OP position could change on the upgrade list, because only 1 person has checked in. If pax checkin with higher status than OP who are on the waist list, they will jump in front of him. Unless you are a SE 3 or 2mm, chances are you will fall down the upgrade list once everyone has checked in.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:04 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fivehundredYQB
Got it. No further action needed on my end?

If I'm first in the list, means if no one purchases paid PE, one will be assigned to me automatically?

No. There maybe someone on the upgrade list with higher status than you, who has not checked in. Once they check in, they will jump you on the upgrade list.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
My deductive logic tells me the OP is on AC1602.

The person with the green checkmark is confirmed into J and, as far as I know, counts as one of the 22 booked. So that leaves 2 seats.

If you really want the front of this plane, I would suggest you try a same day change (or even a change now) as @Seat13F_AC_CRJ says. I've done this before on a flex fare. Paid the change fee and asked the agent to eUp me right away. It depends on how important this is to you.

However, depending on your status and fare class you may still clear at the gate. It has happened to me in 4th position before so it is far from impossible.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: Free Agent
Change to confirmed R- vs gate lotto?
Easy decision for me (change!! grab R!!); but of course OP may have other plans to accommodate. Expert Flyer is such a great tool.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dr_torch
My deductive logic tells me the OP is on AC1602.

The person with the green checkmark is confirmed into J and, as far as I know, counts as one of the 22 booked. So that leaves 2 seats.

If you really want the front of this plane, I would suggest you try a same day change (or even a change now) as @Seat13F_AC_CRJ says. I've done this before on a flex fare. Paid the change fee and asked the agent to eUp me right away. It depends on how important this is to you.

However, depending on your status and fare class you may still clear at the gate. It has happened to me in 4th position before so it is far from impossible.
If it's 1602 tomorrow, there are now 3 seats in J, and DES,M is still the only one on the list for an upgrade.

However, only half the Y cabin has checked in, so it wouldn't take much to bump them down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.