Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Nothing to eat - a carnivore's lament

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE 2MM

Here I am in Air Canada's flagship domestic Maple Leaf Lounge right in the Centre of the Universe and there is practically nothing for me to eat. Sure there's lots of stuff to keep the vegetarians and vegans happy...
  • pretzels
  • various breads
  • Two salads - both completely devoid of meat
  • Huge trays full of edamame
  • Hummus, tzatziki and fresh pita
  • Salsa and corn chips
  • Fresh fruit
  • Minestrone soup
  • Two kinds of cookies, both vegetarian
the only thing that catered to my carnivorous desires was Thai chicken curry soup that supposedly had tiny bits of chicken in it but was completely overwhelmed by other veggie ingredients.

I demand that AC do better serving the 90% of us who are carnivorous.

Last edited by The Lev; Feb 21, 2019 at 9:46 pm
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
TWO types of cookies, and neither of them contain meat?!? Pick up your game, Air Canada.
mamau, lcohen999, Plumber and 6 others like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Didn't you know that cow/animal flatulence is killing the planet, AC is just trying to mitigate that by getting you into the veggy diet..Lol!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
I still prefer to spend a buck and grab food and some beer at Mill Street any day, over the dom lounge... even if the lounge is "free".
jasdou likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by The Lev
Here I am in Air Canada's flagship domestic Maple Leaf Lounge right in the Centre of the Universe and there is practically nothing for me to eat. Sure there's lots of stuff to keep the vegetarians and vegans happyPretzels
  • various breads
  • Two salads - both completely devoid of meat
  • Huge trays full of edamame
  • Hummus and fresh pita
  • Salsa and corn chips
  • Fresh fruit
  • Minestrone soup
  • Two kinds of cookies, both vegetarian
the only thing that catered to my carnivorous desires was Thai chicken curry soup that supposedly had tiny bits of chicken in it but was completely overwhelmed by other veggie ingredients.

What? No Italian wedding soup? Crying shame.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by The Lev
Never understood why meat-eaters are so averse to vegetarian food (I eat meat. I enjoy vegetarian food)
lhrpete, Chiro1979 and swingaling like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Never understood why meat-eaters are so averse to vegetarian food (I eat meat. I enjoy vegetarian food)
I'm not averse. But at a given price point, it's rare that I can find something without meat that I like the taste of as much as something with meat.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: TK *G
Many school/work cafeterias I have been to, have a vegiterian day every week. If I recall correctly Monday is a vegi day at YVR international MLL.

But during non meal hours this offering is very typical for DOM MLLs, so not surprising. Obviously many lounges are better.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
While it was still vegetarian, I was happy to see that AC changed up the pizza offering on the domestic lounge. Mushroom, arugula, and balsamic drizzle was a nice change. I guess that’s only out at lunchtime then?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
While a meat dish or two would be nice, my motto is carnivores can eat vegetables, but vegetarians don’t eat meat, so its better to err on the side of vegetables.
trooper likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
While a meat dish or two would be nice, my motto is carnivores can eat vegetables, but vegetarians don’t eat meat, so its better to err on the side of vegetables.

To say nothing of the tremendous cost savings that AC generates by not having to source meat and not having to worry about temperature control for it either.

But sure, let's pretend they were altruistic and wanted to please all the vegetarians in the lounge.
awayIgo and canadiancow like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
To say nothing of the tremendous cost savings that AC generates by not having to source meat and not having to worry about temperature control for it either.

But sure, let's pretend they were altruistic and wanted to please all the vegetarians in the lounge.
They could save even more money by catering to the latest diet fad: aquavores, who eat only water.
kennycrudup and zip10001 like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:09 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
For those who may be taking this thread a little more seriously than I think it's intended, perhaps take a look at this thread first...
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
For those who may be taking this thread a little more seriously than I think it's intended, perhaps take a look at this thread first...
Nobody should ever joke about meat. Ever.
mamau, kennycrudup and canadiancow like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:52 pm

Vegetarian, a.k.a., bad hunter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.