Search

AKL-EZE on Air New Zealand

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Talking Cheap NZ flights to SYD.

Originally Posted by worldclubber

I have been on it in J a number of times and on different routes and it was always packed.
well it will be on my flight ORD-AKL-SYD return booked for $1350us ai we booked 6 of the 18 J seats on the 787 on our flights. It should be great food and wine and crap seat. Oh well the price is right.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: Programs? I don't need no stinking programs
Originally Posted by taupo
Can't say that in all my years travelling back and forth to NZ, I have ever considered it or heard NZ referred to as a low end tourist spot catering to a low end market.
Indeed, NZ seems to be attracting only the best class of tourist these days... </OT>
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by mellon
well it will be on my flight ORD-AKL-SYD return booked for $1350us ai we booked 6 of the 18 J seats on the 787 on our flights. It should be great food and wine and crap seat. Oh well the price is right.
Am I reading this right? You booked J for US$1350??? Return?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Medved
Am I reading this right? You booked J for US$1350??? Return?
yes return, Nolens does not want low end tourists to stay, so I didn't stopover in AKL. So with only 18 seats on a 787 this market some think is full of paying business class passengers wont have many seats left.
[PREM FARE GONE] ORD-SYD NZ $1500 RT biz
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by trooper
And yet NZ's Business class is only 4 across...all with aisle access. The UA 789 has SIX across in Business. How a demonstrably BETTER layout indicates a "low end" market escapes me.....
NZ 789's are three across, FWIW.
jc94 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Seat's great if you like sleeping, not so much if you want to chat to your neighbor.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Angry

yes return, Nolens does not want low end tourists to stay, so I didn't stopover in AKL. So with only 18 seats on a 787 this market some think is full of paying business class passengers wont have many seats left.
[PREM FARE GONE] ORD-SYD NZ $1500 RT biz
Thank you for the info! Something new to me after 9 years at FT!. I have heard about these Z class fares but had to idea that a thread existed. How do you catch wind of the new deals? I have studied the thread -- they last like 15-30 minutes in general before an airline finds out and blocks them promptly. Grrrr. I would love your NZ, AC US-Europe and last year MIA-GRU... ;(

And is your NZ booking still valid? Some people reported there that NZ has been cancelling their tickets as issued "in error"...
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Thank you for the info! Something new to me after 9 years at FT!. I have heard about these Z class fares but had to idea that a thread existed. How do you catch wind of the new deals? I have studied the thread -- they last like 15-30 minutes in general before an airline finds out and blocks them promptly. Grrrr. I would love your NZ, AC US-Europe and last year MIA-GRU... ;(

And is your NZ booking still valid? Some people reported there that NZ has been cancelling their tickets as issued "in error"...
I get an email whenever anything is posted to that forum, and I get a few emails/PMs/texts when deals are shared privately.

I use https://ifttt.com/feed with a feed URL of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...2&forumids=740 for the former.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:06 am
Suspended

the previous NZ tickets were cancelled these ones are good. Most good fare errors are not posted on FT, till they are almost over. By the way it looks like West Jet will have 16 Business class seats on its 787-9 ( some say 18) And Air New Zealand have 18 Business class seats. Some people seem to be so offended when I suggested NZ is a leisure market and NZ equips its planes that way.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:32 am

. Most good fare errors are not posted on FT, till they are almost over..
Quite clear -- people are buying for themselves, then share privately. It also takes time for them to post when they are done... Most fares there now are better than nothing but not spectacular. Good deals attract 10 fold more responses and get moved to FARE GONE within an hour or two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.