Wiki Posts
Search

Georgian Air on a BEH-anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2003, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Georgian Air on a BEH-anyone?

Looking for someone to set my mind at ease here. My eldest daughter is taking her 1st trip alone this summer-to Kingston to visit her new boyfriend, who is working there for the summer. I let her choose her flights herself, and of course she wanted to maximize time in Kingston. After I helped her book on the website, I noticed her outbound is on a DH1, but the return is on a partner called Georgian Air (Air Alliance?)
on a BEH (is this a Beechcraft?) When I looked at the seatmap, I see she is the only one on board so far (travelling end of July)
What does anyone know of this airline/aircraft, and is she likely to be bumped up to a Jazz flight . or will this fill up with commuters by the time she travels?

Signed- Muskoka, Nervous Dad!

Old Jun 20, 2003, 6:57 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Their is no need for you to be nervous about her flying on the Beech 1900. I make quite a few flights a year on this plane. Every seat is a window seat and every seat is an aisle seat. If she likes to sightsee, the front left seat has lots of leg room but no window. The other seats are all pretty much the same. When boarding is complete, I move to a seat where the seat in front of me is empty, push the seat back in front all the way forward, it makes for a lot more room.

Relax, no need to be nervous, hope she enjoys her flight.
Old Jun 20, 2003, 11:15 pm

Programs: AC S100K / AC-2MM
I fly on these planes everytime I travel since I must connect through YYC. They're probably a bit noisier than a Dash-8 and of course there is no FA. But I agree with Taupo, I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:24 am
B1

In case you want an alternative, Coach Canada has direct service from YYZ to Kingston on a bus that generally stays close to the ground and has 2 and 2 seating.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:56 am

A lot of the Kingston flights are empty flying one direction and full flying the other. They fly the empty flight because they need to reposition the plane. The flights are rarely cancelled unless there are problems with ATC restrictions at YYZ.

Georgian Air has been flying into Kingston for AC and for CP before that for about 5 years now. They have a fleet of 15 BEH 1900Ds. The noise is annoying (the very back of the cabin is the quietest place to be), but the flights are okay for short hops. And because there is only one seat on each side, there is more room than on a CRJ. It sure beats the 4 hour bus ride!

Jazz agents handle the passengers in YYZ and YGK.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Thanks much, kids! I feel a lot better now.
( I wish I had the same comfort about the visit to the boyfriend!!!)
Old Jun 22, 2003, 2:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by B1:
In case you want an alternative, Coach Canada has direct service from YYZ to Kingston on a bus that generally stays close to the ground and has 2 and 2 seating.</font>
Apart from the YYZ-Kingston service, there are also several Toronto (bus terminal)-Kingston departures and of course VIA Rail as well. Any one of these options might actually increase her time in Kingston if a long stopover in YYZ is required.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, and she should make a point of using the facilities before boarding the turboprops; otherwise, she'll have a very uncomfortable experience.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 4:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YOWkid:
Oh, and she should make a point of using the facilities before boarding the turboprops; otherwise, she'll have a very uncomfortable experience.</font>
LOL. Their is something about those Beech's that make you wanna go as soon as they are off the ground, can you say "shake, rattle and roll"
Old Jun 22, 2003, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by taupo:
LOL. Their is something about those Beech's that make you wanna go as soon as they are off the ground, can you say "shake, rattle and roll" </font>
Are you referring to Beeches or B!tches?
Old Jun 22, 2003, 4:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YOWkid:
Are you referring to Beeches or B!tches?</font>
I was referring to the Beeches, however the other could fit too. I will check the other on my flight to YVR tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.