Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fun vs. Econ fares - Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2003, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Fun vs. Econ fares - Experiences?

When the new fare structure was announced there was quite a bit of discussion about Fun vs. Econ fares.

Question for anybody who has used them - has anyone found any major differences between them? Is one or the other harder to get changes made (where "harder" is directly proportional to the cost to one's wallet of up-faring?) E.g. when trying to make a change, is availability of either fare type proving better than the other (or I am getting totally confused between booking classes and fares and paying the fare difference when trying to do a change)?

Especially when staying over a Sat. night anyways (as required for Econ), and the Econ fare is identical to the Fun fare, is there any advantage to picking one over the other, other than the 25$ vs $75 change fee?

Question comes from planning a trip YYC - YVR, June 30 - July 7... girlfriend was checking fares and came up with identical costs for both Fun and Econ fares for those dates and said "which should we get" and I just didn't know - anybody got any suggestions for next time? (think we chose the Fun in the end...)

Jonathan
Old Jun 22, 2003, 7:47 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

On this specific route, the fare classes which the lowest FUN (E class) and ECONO (L class) are booked in pretty much 'move together' - meaning if there are no E class, then there are no L class. It will be more expensive to upgrade an ECONO fare than a FUN fare, also ECONO carries a higher change fee - bsaed on that, your best choice is to book FUN in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.