Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
The end of the bottle. About 1/4 - 1/3 of one.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 1:40 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Every two years I play let's make a deal with my ISPs Retention Department and every two years I get quite a bit more for slightly less. Except it requires a new modem. And then process is pretty much always the same.

A 45 minute projected wait for a call-back that stretches into almost two hours and then a further 45 minutes on with the CSR for something that should (and eventually did) take him only two minutes remotely. But onlt after he finally took the time to understand the goal of the call. Which I had explained to him about every 10 minutes. Sigh.

So, every two years I come to re-realize that my ISPs CSRs are not the best or the brightest, but doing a job that no one else will do for that much money.

If a technical person has these issues, I have no idea how the proverbial Grandmas we are all flying to see deal with this. Maybe they have no connectivity. Which is maybe why we have to fly to speak with them.

Oh well, not a problem I have to worry about until November 2021.
D582 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
0415 is far too early to be anywhere, let alone an airport.

I'm questioning 3round trips of 6 segments each to get to 150.

Last edited by RangerNS; Dec 2, 2019 at 2:02 am
Old Dec 2, 2019, 10:20 pm

I am new here!! Hoping to get some useful information on this thread.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Janhavi
I am new here!! Hoping to get some useful information on this thread.
Wow, did you ever come to the wrong thread.

But welcome to FT by the way!
pewpew, canadiancow and smallmj like this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I'm not sure if I'm looking for a technical or philosophical answer here, but...

Why do children always grab glasses by the freshly wiped lenses?

Part 2: Why are there so many kids in my house?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Captain Obvious Reminds These Jealous Moms about ...
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Because you don't spend enough time in Europe?
Old Dec 3, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by YYC traveler
I had never seen that before. That's a beauty.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:34 am

We frequently joke about the FOTSG, but curious, has anyone else had to help coach someone in fastening a seat belt? With a 100% language barrier. It was years ago but was recently reminded how badly I felt then not being able to assuage her clearly evident fears due to the language barrier (despite it being a regional flight, her language skills didn't jive with flight crew). Facial expressions and hand gestures helped, but now I would have just played with Google Translate in hopes of finding a match.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I have BEEN forcibly coached on operation of the seatbelt. While inside a fastened seatbelt. I was made to unfasten it so the FA could instruct me how to fasten it. Does that count?
But seriously, they do a demo in the safety dance. The passenger could just wait for that.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:35 pm

"The Safety Dance" - I like that. Brings back memories of my youth.
flyquiet likes this.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Dec 3, 2019 at 1:35 pm Reason: An I for an I.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
I have BEEN forcibly coached on operation of the seatbelt. While inside a fastened seatbelt. I was made to unfasten it so the FA could instruct me how to fasten it. Does that count?
But seriously, they do a demo in the safety dance. The passenger could just wait for that.
Okay, that is pretty awful. The lady I had was truly flying for first time ever. Either video went too fast or she wasn't paying attention. Honestly, I think it was just too fast for someone who had never used a seatbelt. That said, for the love all the rest of us, never slow it down further!!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Okay, that is pretty awful. The lady I had was truly flying for first time ever. Either video went too fast or she wasn't paying attention. Honestly, I think it was just too fast for someone who had never used a seatbelt. That said, for the love all the rest of us, never slow it down further!!
It could be worse. They could do everything twice, once in each of two official languages.
jc94 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Don't they? They do in the live shows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.