Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by songsc
Oh, TPAC J tickets feel so cheap now. Luckily my interest in heritage airplane is not that strong, or...

But if I can get a seat in the glass noise, then...
That price also includes getting locked in the bathroom, pre-departure
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I am kicking off my destination based video series (combination of over the wing flight and on-the-ground shots).
Please let me know your thoughts (looking to complete Alaska & Cancun next!)
First episode below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Seuy...ature=youtu.be
tcook052 likes this.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Oct 19, 2019 at 7:53 pm
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I am kicking off my destination based video series (combination of over the wing flight and on-the-ground shots).
Please let me know your thoughts (looking to complete Alaska & Cancun next!)
First episode below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Seuy...ature=youtu.be

@Jumper Jack
Great shots and scenery!
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Since we are sliding into flu season, here is a public service message from moi. :-)
Maybe should be moved to the passengers behaving badly in the lounge thread.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:55 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Good reminder about flu season.

Maybe I can talk nomadic.relief into stabbing my arm again.

A mini-Flu DO. So to speak.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
McD's Annoying Coast to Coast Monopoly - XBOX Game Pass Ultimate

wth am I going to do with an XBOX Game Pass Ultimate?

Just throw me a Big Mac and some fries and I'm good. 😂
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I got the SSSS treatment at YYZ last week, seems like it happens once a year. I am not sure what the point of 'random' security is since I would hope security screening is not random. YYZ seems to do a very thorough screening of SSSS pax, they removed electronics covers, felt the underside of my socks, swabbed all electronics and turned them on, etc.
In the spirit of voting, I vote for SEs to be exempt from SSSS :-)
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:42 am

I've actually had times when the dreaded SSSS actually got me through security faster. The last time was at IAD.

But still a vile thing to be avoided.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I've avoided SSSS to this point. Of course having said that now it's going to show up on my very next BP.

I have an interesting packing challenge ahead of me. I'm gone for 15 days - 6 days in a place that is currently +34deg, 9 @ +1deg (C). I can do laundry in the middle, but that doesn't help with the need to pack both hot and cold weather garments.

And no, I'm not checking a damn bag.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I've avoided SSSS to this point. Of course having said that now it's going to show up on my very next BP.

I have an interesting packing challenge ahead of me. I'm gone for 15 days - 6 days in a place that is currently +34deg, 9 @ +1deg (C). I can do laundry in the middle, but that doesn't help with the need to pack both hot and cold weather garments.

Eh, just pack a pair of jeans, shorts, two sweaters, a fall jacket, and a bunch of t shirts and you're good for both places.

I just cast my vote in my assigned polling station for the first time (I usually vote in advance voting on campus / by mail). It was held in my old elementary school, and I was surprised to see how small the gym looked. It seemed so much larger when I was a kid
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by pewpew
Eh, just pack a pair of jeans, shorts, two sweaters, a fall jacket, and a bunch of t shirts and you're good for both places.
The problem isn't the above on their own. It's the above combined with an extra pair of shoes, 2-3 dress slacks and 5 collared shirts.

All good though. I'll figure it out. I always do.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

What are you, a FOTSG?

The problem isn't the above on their own. It's the above combined with an extra pair of shoes, 2-3 dress slacks and 5 collared shirts.
What are you, a FOTSG?

Ok, maybe not a FOTSG.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

Yeah I did 3 weeks around the world last summer with just carry-on. 10-35 degrees. I did laundry once.

But this weekend I had my suit with me (including shoes), and I was almost out of space for that two day trip.

Sometimes you just need to check a bag.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeah I did 3 weeks around the world last summer with just carry-on. 10-35 degrees. I did laundry once.

But this weekend I had my suit with me (including shoes), and I was almost out of space for that two day trip.

Sometimes you just need to check a bag.
What are you, a FOTSG?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 12:08 pm

Apparently @yyznomad is in a very judgemental mood today.

Either that, or he has something against Grandmas.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Oct 21, 2019 at 2:59 pm Reason: Judge Dread, I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.