Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new 77W in J; Europe-YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Yeah that was a wrong guess. I think there’s two seats open.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 24left
@NWplatinum

If you are a paid Air Cnaada Business Class ticket (not an upgrade or on points/mile, not UA or other), then your BP would allow you to visit the AC Signature Suite. If you have the AC app and an AC PNR, then you may already see it in the app.

Here is a link to the Signature Suite thread. Rules of entry are in the wiki

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Otherwise, you can visit the AC YYZ International Maple Leaf Lounge (MLL)

You asked in your OP about tricks. Well, none that would be tricks other than the excellent list of advice and threads provided by @yyznomad

And others can correct me, but AC doesn't op-up crew (non-revs). If they are on the flight, and not in uniform, you wouldn't know necessarily and they would be on stand-by or other passes.

Any or all of the empty seats you currently seat may be filled by the time you board.

Happy travels.
This info would only be relevant if the OP was traveling in the other direction.

bawm
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by bawm
This info would only be relevant if the OP was traveling in the other direction.

bawm
@bawm
Thanks for pointing that out. ^
bawm likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Yeah that was a wrong guess. I think there’s two seats open.
I know. That's what I've been trying to tell you even before cow posted the loads.

I've done way too many TATLs on actual holiday days to know they often do not go sparse or empty in J.

In any case, hope you enjoy your trip in AC J.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: QR EK AC BA TK 9W AY
Table too low

The table doesn't easily return to takeoff position. There is a latch underneath in the centre that lets you slide it up the last 4 inches. That is for the new pods on the 787-9, haven’t had to fly the 777 yet. I wear my Qatar pajamas.

There is a firmness setting for the seats and somewhere in this forum there are instructions for resetting that if the seat deflates.

On a 15 hour DEL YVR flight I ran out of watchable movies, even with a six hour sleep. I normally fly Turkish for big wasteful roomy beds and amazing food. I guess it also has more movies. But I needed AQDs so I started in Delhi instead of Kathmandu to get on an Air Canada ticket.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad

I know. That's what I've been trying to tell you even before cow posted the loads.

I've done way too many TATLs on actual holiday days to know they often do not go sparse or empty in J.

In any case, hope you enjoy your trip in AC J.
As much as I wish I would have, and thought I was going to, I did not. First and last time for me on AC. It took them 3 hours to finish the entire meal service for lunch to Toronto. Showers looked like a hospital, and the food on layover in Maple Leaf Lounge was bad. I’ve never had to go over 2 hours for meal service, and that was an exception. Not to mention with the Polaris lounges, the only really good way to go TATL or TAPC on *A now is with UA imho.

Shame too because a flight on UA thru IAH 12 hours before departure opened but I wanted to save the $150 change fee. Regretting that decision....
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

As much as I wish I would have, and thought I was going to, I did not. First and last time for me on AC. It took them 3 hours to finish the entire meal service for lunch to Toronto. Showers looked like a hospital, and the food on layover in Maple Leaf Lounge was bad. I’ve never had to go over 2 hours for meal service, and that was an exception. Not to mention with the Polaris lounges, the only really good way to go TATL or TAPC on *A now is with UA imho.
Long meal service is disappointing. I'm hoping to sleep on this exact flight in a couple days.

MLLs are ok, certainly better than a UC.
Btw, you don't have to fly UA to access the Polaris Lounge. Just have to fly any *A airline in J, whether paid or award. Easier access rules than the Signature Suites in YYZ.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zeer0
Long meal service is disappointing. I'm hoping to sleep on this exact flight in a couple days.

MLLs are ok, certainly better than a UC.
Btw, you don't have to fly UA to access the Polaris Lounge. Just have to fly any *A airline in J, whether paid or award. Easier access rules than the Signature Suites in YYZ.
Yes it’s true. But strictly speaking about J, I am inclined to say (and I can’t believe I’m saying this about a US carrier) that currently UA has the best J product in *A to go TATL. The new Polaris seat is amazing. The food is usually pretty decent in the air. And even if you don’t like the food in the air, the Polaris restaurants on the ground give you plenty to eat foodwise, and it’s usually very good food too.

For me, strictly speaking about J, I have to say UA is probably the best TATL to Europe. Obviously ANA, OZ, EVA, and SQ all have their perks if you’re traveling in the other direction so it’s a close call if you’re traveling over the Pacific. No *A carrier (obv SQ and their F is the best) comes close to meeting J expectations than UA TATL imho. Who could’ve predicted UA being the best TATL carrier five or seven years ago!?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.