Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why the allure to Lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by epiphani
For me, I've done a pretty heavy amount of long haul / "ultra" long hauls recently (ie, YYZ-YUL-MUC-DEL-TRV-DEL-YVR-YYZ last week). Lounges are the difference between coming out one end of a trip relatively refreshed, or the "30 hours of travel" smell and feel.

Showers, wifi, comfortable chairs. Snacks are a perk, but relatively low on my list - and booze I avoid when flying. I do my crazy travel in J, but even with that, lounges are a requirement on trips that long. Good shower facilities are by far my biggest lounge item (and allow me to take this time to say that AC's YYZ international MLL showers are terrible).
Agreed. And yeah, lounges can be awesome during IRROPS. On the flip side, some are always overcrowded, noisy, and stuffy and I must agree with previous comments on the wines being almost universally low-grade trash - with those rare exceptions like the NZ lounge at LAX being truly exceptional. Lounges are nice, but over time I feel that airport terminals have generally improved while the lounges as a whole have gone in the opposite direction. The gap isn't what it once was.

Last edited by Symmetre; Dec 12, 2018 at 6:34 am
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Symmetre
Lounges are nice, but over time I feel that airport terminals have generally improved while the lounges as a whole have gone in the opposite direction. The gap isn't what it once was.
Agreed, but it very much depends on the airport. Some lounges are dismal and/or crowded, and some terminals are quite pleasant. And vice versa. Some places are a nasty hole no matter what (eg CDG).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.