Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Mileage Runs for Status & Missing AQM/AQS/AQD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
Since this format seems to work well on other forums, for each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed (AQM):
Segments Needed (AQS):
Dollars Needed (AQD):
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (CHOOSE ONE, AND STATE THE VALUE):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:

• For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
  • For Required Spend or Maximum Budget: DO NOT SAY "ANYTHING" OR "CHEAPEST" OR SIMILAR BECAUSE THAT IS NOT VERY HELPFUL - STATE THE DAMN VALUE PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP
  • If you need both AQD AND AQM or AQS, then please indicate both in their respective line item. Don't hide your second AQD/M/S requirement in some other line.
  • If you are based in YYZ or YVR, there can be many good fares to China (PEK or PVG) on Star Alliance partners. If you have a Chinese visa, include that in your request and these options will be provided.
Useful reference thread for AQM and AQD calculations:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1744575-new-improved-calculator-aqm-aeroplan-miles-aqd.html
Print Wikipost

Mileage Runs for Status & Missing AQM/AQS/AQD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2019, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Or purchase any FP if you took the select privilege for AQM.
Adam Smith and G.E like this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
For anyone looking for a MR, I have always found YYZ-SAN to be really reasonably priced. Same plane, so you can turn around and be done in 10 hours
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:49 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by G.E
Happy new year!

I am missing 180 Altitude Qualifying Miles before the end of the year to become Super Elite. Is there anything that I could do to get those (other than flying before December 31st which I can't)
Welcome to FT! yyznomad and canadiancow have already provided good suggestions. But are you really sure you can't spare a few hours to fly somewhere?

If you're way over the AQD, good chance you'll get it, but would suck to miss out on SE for only 180 AQM.

Alternatively, are you sure you've been properly credited for all of the flights you've taken this year? They haven't missed any Comfort bonuses? You didn't get re-routed on non-*A and lose AQM as a result? etc...
G.E likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 12:41 am
G.E

Thanks!

I am currently in Tel Aviv, so options are a bit more limited. I'll have to fly out somewhere close with AEGEAN if I can make it.
I am going for SE 75K and missing 189 AQM...
I am at 13K on AQD so all good there (need only 9K)
I did find a flight that I ordered this year via RBC rewards - my understanding is that AC doesn't credit for such flights - do you know if that's true?

Happy new year
Old Dec 27, 2019, 12:44 am
G.E

Thanks!
I am at 13K AQD (needed 9K) so all good there
missing 189AQMs to reach SE75K
I'm embarrassed to ask.... what is a UFP or a FP?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
FP = flight pass
UFP = unlimited flight pass
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ht-passes.html
--
13F
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Kinda embarrassed about my mileage run attempt today. Attempt.

AQM = 34,674
AQD = 10,951.35

Trying to get to E35K (I'm SE100K now).

So... I booked YYZ-YOW in J which would get me 250 (228 actual) x 1.5 AQM = 375 miles, putting me at 35,049. I booked Aeroplan back.

However, was supposed to be on AC452. Saw it was getting delayed and was early, so hopped on SKV7716. Was a little bit delayed at first, then taxied, then waited, then canceled, then taxied back to the gate. I would have missed the return flight and needed to be home tonight, so had to cancel the Aeroplan as well (still need to call to get credit).

Concierge was good and got me a full refund ($468) on the J ticket (was not refundable fare).

But now I'm left wondering whether it's worth it to try again or if I should hope for a sweep.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you want the guarantee, you need to fly.

But unless you plan to do a lot more flying next year, I'm not convinced E35K is better than P25K plus $468 in your pocket.
tass and RangerNS like this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm not convinced E35K is better than P25K plus $468 in your pocket.
Good point. Maybe it's time to end the insanity and this situation was a blessing in disguise. Oh, and let's now forget also 7,500 aeroplan miles for the return. I need to let the status go...
Old Dec 27, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by tass
Good point. Maybe it's time to end the insanity and this situation was a blessing in disguise. Oh, and let's now forget also 7,500 aeroplan miles for the return. I need to let the status go...
Well, you probably know what's best for you, better than anyone else here.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
I’m at 0 AQM and 0 AQD for 2021 status. Suggestions?

On a more serious note, fiancée is at only 18,410 AQM but $7,839 AQD, bets on if she gets it or not for P25 (25k/$3k). It won’t matter because I’m gifting her the 50k but curious none the less.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
I’m at 0 AQM and 0 AQD for 2021 status. Suggestions?
I'll pretend you didn't know the thread exists (albeit locked)... for some potentially useful tidbits.
100,000 miles short of Super Elite

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
On a more serious note, fiancée is at only 18,410 AQM but $7,839 AQD, bets on if she gets it or not for P25 (25k/$3k). It won’t matter because I’m gifting her the 50k but curious none the less.
I'll pretend you didn't know the thread exists (not unlocked... yet!)... for some potentially useful tidbits.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...us-anyway.html

Notwithstanding the gifted E50, my bet is "YES".
So egu.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Well damn, wish these were not locked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.