Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Gift Card - Last Minute gift that keeps on Giving

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Gift Card - Last Minute gift that keeps on Giving

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:46 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by mapleg
I don't normally buy gift cards, but thinking of this one. The gift card would be for my own use (some gift, eh?). I have read the Faq and don't see anything there I would find alarming....
Seriously?

There are red flags all over the thing:

Not to mention the dark clouds.

Last edited by KenHamer; Nov 23, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Isn't this VERY misleading???? I mean in particular the words 'HAS NEVER BEEN THIS REWARDING"

The special last week was double this offer, so it was actually MORE rewarding- and just last week

.Purchase Air Canada Gift Cards between November 27 and December 4, 2018, and stock up on Bonus Aeroplan® Miles.*
The more you give, the more you get!Remember to enter your Aeroplan number at the time of purchase.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
I received my bonus miles a few days ago but they were removed today.

Anybody else?

Anybody has ideas why?

Is the CS form the best way to resolve this?

I used my gift card back in December...
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus

Anybody else?

Anybody has ideas why?

My miles have not posted, these were supposed to post in January.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G

Anybody else?

Anybody has ideas why?

Same thing happened to my mother a few days ago... miles posted then almost immediately they were removed. She called Aeroplan to inquire, and after a long time on the phone with the agent trying to figure out what the promotion was exactly, she was told that this was Air Canada's promotion. Apparently AC giveth and AC taketh away. Someone was supposed to check further and reply back but nothing so far.
monsieurcumulus likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K 2MM, Lifetime Marriott Platnium Elite

Anybody else?

Anybody has ideas why?

Same happened to me. When I called Aerolpan earlier today, the agent told me that it was Air Canada that the requested the miles to be removed.
The issue is to be investigated and i should get a response/remedy in the near future.
monsieurcumulus likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We can understand why you wanted to contact us about our recent gift card promotion in conjunction with Aeroplan.

I sincerely apologize for the delay that has occurred in seeing the offered bonus miles added to your Altitude account by the end of January.

It was our intention to have all the mileage loaded within the planned time-frame, but unfortunately, there was a system issue that caused an interruption to that plan.

I am pleased to advise, that after checking with Aeroplan today, they confirm that the applicable xxxx non-status bonus miles from your Air Canada Gift Card purchase have now been loaded to your account, and are available to use.

Your comments give us the chance to improve and you can be assured they have been shared with the appropriate Management Teams.

Thank you again for contacting us and for your patience. We hope for a future opportunity of welcoming you on board
Voilà!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.