Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

To book this itinerary, you must be part of the travelling party...?

Old Apr 19, 17, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), SPG*Plat50, United Silver, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Plat, Nexus/GE

So...I'm trying to book AP reward tickets for my GF...(I won't be flying with her)

The itinerary includes LOT and AC.

I get the following warning message:

To book this itinerary, you must be part of the travelling party.

Why must I be part of the travelling party?

Last edited by CanRulez; Apr 19, 17 at 8:39 am
Old Apr 19, 17, 8:31 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
IKK in J?
Old Apr 19, 17, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), SPG*Plat50, United Silver, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Plat, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Bonaventure View Post
IKK in J?
Yes. On the phone with Aeroplan now and they confirm it's because I'm using priority rewards. (I didn't know since I rarely book reward tickets)

Figures the agent can bypass the message but I would still get charged the $30 fee.
Old Apr 19, 17, 8:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Is the AC J leg domestic or transborder?
Old Apr 19, 17, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq View Post
Is the AC J leg domestic or transborder?
Trans-Atlantic in my case.
Old Apr 19, 17, 8:58 am
RZR

Programs: AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
It needs to be immediate family member , Plus , you need to be on the same booking ,or, on atleast 1 revenue segment of the same reward booking on a J fare.

So, being it's for your girlfriend and not wife, you can't book it anyway.
Old Apr 19, 17, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Is this because of SEs selling IKK rewards in the past?
Old Apr 19, 17, 9:02 am
RZR

Priority Rewards for
Altitude Super Elite 100K members:

In the event that Aeroplan Fixed Mileage Flight Reward seats are completely booked, members have access to unsold seats in Economy Class and exclusive access to additional seats in Business Class when redeeming their Aeroplan Miles. Priority Reward reservations will require the same amount of Aeroplan Miles as for a regular Aeroplan Fixed Mileage Flight Reward, and are only available on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada rouge. Note that availability for seats in Business Class may be subject to capacity controls for flights where demand is high.

Priority Rewards are limited to a combined total of ten (10) reservations in both Economy and Business Class, per Super Elite 100K member, per year. Your counter will be reset when we proceed to our annual requalification activities beginning in December and your status is updated for the following benefit period. Keep track of the Priority Rewards available to you by visiting your Dashboard. You will also see this information when completing a booking using your Aeroplan miles through aeroplan.com.

However, note that for international* itineraries booked in Business Class, your Privilege may only be extended to immediate family members** when you are not traveling with them on the same flight reward reservation. In order to designate your immediate family members, as well as to book a Priority Reward on their behalf, you must call the Aeroplan Contact Centre. Please note that your list of designated family members may only be provided once during the course of your benefit year.

Additionally, when you hold a purchased ticket booked in Business Class (J, C, D, Z or P booking classes), this Privilege can be extended to any other travelers as long as they travel with you on the same date on at least one international flight operated by Air Canada. This is not valid with purchased Economy Class tickets that are upgraded. These Priority Reward reservations must be completed through the Aeroplan Contact Centre.
Old Apr 19, 17, 9:04 am
RZR

probably
Old Apr 19, 17, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RZR View Post
It needs to be immediate family member , Plus , you need to be on the same booking ,or, on atleast 1 revenue segment of the same reward booking on a J fare.

So, being it's for your girlfriend and not wife, you can't book it anyway.
She's common law so I'm good according to the AP rep.

Originally Posted by RZR View Post
Priority Rewards for
Altitude Super Elite 100K members:

In the event that Aeroplan Fixed Mileage Flight Reward seats are completely booked, members have access to unsold seats in Economy Class and exclusive access to additional seats in Business Class when redeeming their Aeroplan Miles. Priority Reward reservations will require the same amount of Aeroplan Miles as for a regular Aeroplan Fixed Mileage Flight Reward, and are only available on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada rouge. Note that availability for seats in Business Class may be subject to capacity controls for flights where demand is high.

Priority Rewards are limited to a combined total of ten (10) reservations in both Economy and Business Class, per Super Elite 100K member, per year. Your counter will be reset when we proceed to our annual requalification activities beginning in December and your status is updated for the following benefit period. Keep track of the Priority Rewards available to you by visiting your Dashboard. You will also see this information when completing a booking using your Aeroplan miles through aeroplan.com.

However, note that for international* itineraries booked in Business Class, your Privilege may only be extended to immediate family members** when you are not traveling with them on the same flight reward reservation. In order to designate your immediate family members, as well as to book a Priority Reward on their behalf, you must call the Aeroplan Contact Centre. Please note that your list of designated family members may only be provided once during the course of your benefit year.

Additionally, when you hold a purchased ticket booked in Business Class (J, C, D, Z or P booking classes), this Privilege can be extended to any other travelers as long as they travel with you on the same date on at least one international flight operated by Air Canada. This is not valid with purchased Economy Class tickets that are upgraded. These Priority Reward reservations must be completed through the Aeroplan Contact Centre.
Thanks for that. I learned something today.
Old Apr 19, 17, 9:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
Is this because of SEs selling IKK rewards in the past?
Yes. There were reports that people were selling them on Craigslist.
Old Apr 19, 17, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse View Post
Yes. There were reports that people were selling them on Craigslist.
It's a good rule to have. I certainly wouldn't want the rewards being watered down further because others are trying to scam the system.

And I'm also appreciative that credit card churners have no access to these IKK rewards.
Old Apr 19, 17, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CanRulez View Post
And I'm also appreciative that credit card churners have no access to these IKK rewards.
You are assuming that credit card churners have any interest in these awards.
$1000 YQ to Europe on AC metal, yes please!!!!
Old Apr 19, 17, 9:51 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I agree the rule is ok....But I would prefer to call in once, designate my immediate family for the year and be able to book on the website for anyone matching my list of immediate family members. I dont see why I have to then pay $30 per ticket because of their IT limitations....but I do it anyways.
Old Apr 19, 17, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Plumber View Post
I agree the rule is ok....But I would prefer to call in once, designate my immediate family for the year and be able to book on the website for anyone matching my list of immediate family members. I dont see why I have to then pay $30 per ticket because of their IT limitations....but I do it anyways.
Yes I agree with this. It's ridiculous they even charge a $30 fee for this system limitation. INDEED.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: