Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYZ National / Holiday DO 2018 Saturday, December 22, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
  • Date: Saturday, December 22, 2018
  • Time: from 15:30 (3:30PM) EST onwards
  • Location: WVRST at Toronto Union Station (reserved under diddy or Flyertalk DO)
  • Map, address and phone # below

Originally Posted by diddy
I can confirm that on this particular day, WVRST will be the best! We are a go for our group there. Booking under "diddy" and "Flyertalk DO". I'm looking forward to trying it out and seeing you all again.
​​​​​​

Will Attend:
diddy
yyznomad
RoutingWonk
songsc
yyz_atc_qq
The Lev
24left
Shareholder
j2simpso (Matress run before Platinum runs out )
znke252
SteadyAT

Waitlist:
Melville

Not Impossible:
allbrosca

Meh; Not this time:

Bumped:
canadiancow (paid Aeroplan $75 to not attend)

Print Wikipost

YYZ National / Holiday DO 2018 Saturday, December 22, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Still waiting for CPU to clear on battleground. Will have to do with these nose bleed photos

-James
Better than the snack basket on my recent flight! Sorry to have missed out but AC beckoned.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
It was great to meet everyone today and share a few stories of travel adventures.
Thanks to diddy for organizing and covering part of the tab. Thanks to 24left for the chocolate-filled loot bags!
Wishing you all Happy Holidays!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Bartolo

Better than the snack basket on my recent flight! Sorry to have missed out but AC beckoned.
Sadly they ran out of coffee crisp but gave me a kit Kat and ammenity kit. Now that's what I call the red carpet treatment

Safe Travels,

James
songsc likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Sadly they ran out of coffee crisp but gave me a kit Kat and ammenity kit. Now that's what I call the red carpet treatment

Safe Travels,

James
Clearly better than UA.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad

Clearly better than UA.
Clearly, lol

Also, i’m pretty sure James had some other gifts in his holiday gift bag. Did you eat all the other chocolates?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Nice to see everyone again.

Thanks to @24left for the various kits, and Dorian-esque party gifts. oh and the Fairmont hotel coffee. oh and the grand tour of your suite. Also thanks for the AC TPAC slippers that I helped give away... hopefully others had use for them.
@songsc we will catch up soon. And I'll have more mid-2000s menus. Thanks for the TK menus!
@SteadyAT it was nice meeting you and we look forward to your post when you cross the 1MM mark on January 11.

Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And last but not least, a big thanks to @diddy for treating us all. WVRST was a good choice. ^
24left likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Sounds good. Beats my night which involved a fire truck and three paramedics.

Should AC read this. Please see 24lefts picture for what you should aspire to in MLLs.

Loved the venue reserved signage!
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Screw this. I don't want to miss any more of these. I'm planning one. 2nd week of March. Watch for an announcement.

glad you kids had fun. And Kit Kats.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Screw this. I don't want to miss any more of these. I'm planning one. 2nd week of March. Watch for an announcement.

If it’s within YYZ region I’ll be there!

Might be a few IRROPs issues in mid March though.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:07 am
Suspended

I just noticed I forgot this photo

And thanks to @The Lev for the midnight snacks for those of us who kept the place open, lol

The Lev likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Omg! You guys partied into the night?!? When I posted my Thank You, I was already home from my second “do” (the reason I had to leave early). That’s it - i will make sure my entire night is free for the next do!
Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope

If you could DO this on Friday March 22nd or Saturday March 23 I'll be there (will be in the GKA on those dates due to me being inthe Americas for a conference in mid March).

Safe Travels,

James
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
And last but not least, a big thanks to @diddy for treating us all. WVRST was a good choice. ^
Adding my thanks for the pint, diddy, sorry I couldn't stay longer and join everyone in that interesting array of stuffed meat! And to 24Left for her gift bag. Was nice to catch up with a few others since the last Do across the way at the Chicken Have safe travels through the upcoming year, may your rear ends not scrape the runway!.
24left likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SteadyAT
It was great to meet everyone today and share a few stories of travel adventures.
Thanks to diddy for organizing and covering part of the tab. Thanks to 24left for the chocolate-filled loot bags!
Wishing you all Happy Holidays!
@SteadyAT
You're welcome. And thanks for helping me "assemble" the gift bags and fill with the treats. Also mucho thanks for the Japanese mini-Kit Kats. Yum!

Nice to see everyone again.

Thanks to @24left for the various kits, and Dorian-esque party gifts. oh and the Fairmont hotel coffee. oh and the grand tour of your suite. Also thanks for the AC TPAC slippers that I helped give away... hopefully others had use for them.
@songsc we will catch up soon. And I'll have more mid-2000s menus. Thanks for the TK menus!
@SteadyAT it was nice meeting you and we look forward to your post when you cross the 1MM mark on January 11.
Absolutely !!!!! Much thanks to @diddy for all and especially the entertainment portion of the show when you returned.

Also, I am hardly Dorian-esque. There is only one @Dorian and I was inspired by his gifts at various Do's. Thus, also thanks to @Lights_a_blur in YYJ and @jasdou, @DNAwizard, @Yhztraveller and @NordsFan in YQB for all you did to help us have great gifts and great Do's.

@The Lev and @diddy
Thanks so much for the drinks. Wine was actually really nice and perfect with my salad, plain fries and chipotle mayo - some of which @yyznomad shared.

Originally Posted by SteadyAT
Omg! You guys partied into the night?!? When I posted my Thank You, I was already home from my second “do” (the reason I had to leave early). That’s it - i will make sure my entire night is free for the next do!
And we look forward to seeing you again soon at another Do and perhaps helping you celebrate your MM.

Finally, it was great to see familiar faces, meet some new ones and have an interesting venue and food.

Looking forward to seeing you all again and safe travels and Happy Holidays to all.

And remember to look out your window when you fly.

Bohemian1, jasdou and DNAwizard like this.

Last edited by 24left; Dec 23, 2018 at 11:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.