Wiki Posts
Search

International connections in SYD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2003, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K
International connections in SYD

This isn't AC related at all, but I thought I'd seek the assistance from the most knowledgeable group of FT'ers

I'm currently in SYD and am planning a trip to AKL in September on NZ. On the return AKL-SYD, I will be connecting directly to a TG SYD-BKK flight which is ticketed seperatly by TG. Is there a sterile connection in SYD, or will I have to clear customs/immigration and then check in with TG.

Old Jun 5, 2003, 5:14 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
I'm pretty sure there's a sterile connection. When you come in from an Int'l flight there is a separate route for connecting pax, so I assume that means you won't have to go through immigration.
Old Jun 5, 2003, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K
Thanks Academic...

My problem is that I wouldn't have checked in for the TG flight yet (unless I can do that in AKL). Can I through check luggage from AKL-BKK, then check in at the gate at SYD?
Old Jun 5, 2003, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
As STAR carriers, NZ will be able to interline your checked luggage and may be able to locate your TG booking and issue a boarding pass, even on a separate ticket. Alternatively, you can go to the TG check-in at AKL and have them issue your ex-SYD boarding pass. SYD may have an airside connections centre where you can get your TG boarding pass if the AKL options don't work, or you can check in at the TG gate. Finally, if you hold STARGold status, go to the lounge used by TG at SYD and they may be able to issue you a boarding pass.

Just remember, when checking in with TG at SYD, be sure to give the agent your baggage check number(s) as issued by NZ. It needs to be on your TG file, or your bag(s) will not get on the TG flight from your connection.
Old Jun 5, 2003, 3:52 pm

Shareholder is correct. The Air NZ counter in AKL can check you in for both flights and tag your luggage to BKK.

Once you arrive in SYD, follow the signs for Transiting Passengers which will direct you to s security station and take you up one level to the air-side departure lounges. Sweet!

If you need to reissue your TG boarding pass in SYD and don't have access to the Air NZ departure lounge in SYD, there is an airline transfer desk located in the center of the air-side terminal near the escalator you just came up from your arriving flight.

------------------
Latitudes.

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travels sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilisation, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints.
Robert Louis Stevenson (18501894)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.