Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

San Jose from YYC/YVR $59US ow on AS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Jose from YYC/YVR $59US ow on AS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2003, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC Elite
I guess it is a case of the owner doing what they like with their company. If one chooses not to fly with them, Im sure they are okay with it.

Eatons refused to sell cigarettes or alcohol as Timothy thought smoking was devils handiwork. Folks clearly had alternatives if they didn't like Timothy's religion.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
Of course, this is the same airline that gives away Northwestern wines and craft brews in coach</font>
Not quite. You get no free alcohol in AS economy. However, Alaska Airlines' sister Horizon Air (both are under the corporate umbrella of the Alaska Air Group) does offer the above free (one class of service). I haven't seen prayer cards on QX flights but then again snacks served are of the packeged variety. I can understand the confusion as the two airlines are the same for all intents (other than for the free booze on QX flights).

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 06-04-2003).]
Old Jun 4, 2003, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by terenz:
I understand that one pax on AS 261 (or was it 231?) led a prayer party. Obviously did no good.</font>
This is an urban legend borne out of the story that there was a minister on the flight. A suviving relative said something to the effect of, "I'm sure as they were going down, he was preaching in the aisle".

More importantly, I found your caustic remark about it doing "no good" to be in extremely poor taste. If a soul was saved or if someone was able to find the inner peace to embrace their fate as they stared certain death in the eye, I'd say it did a lot of good.

[This message has been edited by bpauker (edited 06-04-2003).]
Old Jun 4, 2003, 3:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LeSabre74:
I refuse to fly on an airline that puts prayer cards in with their meals.</font>
It used to sort of bug me, however, now I turn it upside down when my tray is placed in front of me. Seriously though, if this is the only thing wrong with AS...
Old Jun 4, 2003, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
And also, why does a sale on Alaska Airlines get posted in the AC forum? Wouldn't this be of interest to AS regulars?
Old Jun 4, 2003, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Usually, many different sales gets posted here in AC -- anything that goes in and out of Canada is relevant.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bpauker:
More importantly, I found your caustic remark about it "doing no good" to be in extremely poor taste. </font>
Being an atheist, or agnostic at best, that's what I do.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
More importantly, I found your caustic remark about it "doing no good" to be in extremely poor taste. If a soul was saved or if someone was able to find the inner peace to embrace their fate as they stared certain deat in the eye, I'd say it did a lot of good.
</font>
Which goes a long way to prove the much-often quoted saying by some guy born in Trier, Germany that "religion is the opiate of the masses", some substance.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is anyone on this forum flying AS soon? My GF and I have upgraded YVR-LAX-YVR tickets (she snagged the last 2 upgrade seats on the return trip using her newly-minted MVP Gold status ). Will enjoy the food and wine but look with faint interest at the prayer card.

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 06-04-2003).]
Old Jun 5, 2003, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bpauker:
And also, why does a sale on Alaska Airlines get posted in the AC forum? Wouldn't this be of interest to AS regulars?</font>
Well, given these sales get posted EVERY Tuesday I would assume AS regulars would be checking on the AS website. I don't recall there being a regular post about these EVERY week. Canadian flyers may not know about these and thus the reason for my post - note I did not mention any of the other AS fares on offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.