Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC revises its alcohol and drug policy to include cannabis ahead of legalization

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC revises its alcohol and drug policy to include cannabis ahead of legalization

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles

delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Considering AC does not offer the services of prostitutes at its FRA MLL, I’m not sure they need to concern themselves with every legal vice in every jurisdiction within their network. I expect them defer to federal and provincial guidelines regarding the use of cannibis in public areas.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
What is tomorrow's topic going to be?

I'd like to be able to research and be ready with a useful contribution rather than just some snide remark (which for the record I held off posting)
s_yvr, m.y, ridefar and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
What is tomorrow's topic going to be?

I'd like to be able to research and be ready with a useful contribution rather than just some snide remark (which for the record I held off posting)
I have a topic but I'm not sure where to post it.
D582 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: Several
the Selling of edible cannibis will not be legal until 2019.

Makes one wonder if this will give a whole new meaning to buy-on-board. Lol

Last edited by WestonC; Aug 13, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by WestonC
the Selling of edible cannibis will not be legal until 2019.

Makes one wonder if this will give a whole new meaning to buy-on-board. Lol
Eating smokable cannabis works just fine, it's just the taste that suffers.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:24 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Points Poppa
Eating smokable cannabis works just fine, it's just the taste that suffers.
Just soak it in good scotch first. Preferably nothing too peaty.

I would recommend Balvenie Portwood, but other libations are available.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
There is manufactured spending, and now we have manufactured crises.

Considering the fact that AC does not have a particularly robust onboard snack pantry, I do not believe it prudent for anyone to use the product prior to boarding or while onboard the aircraft. They are inadequate when cannabis users manifest the Munchies syndrome. Neither Miss Vickies nor Pringles can substitute for Doritos, or Smart White Cheddar popcorn. This has been pseudo-scientifically demonstrated in university residences across North America for some time. The suffering of users would be untold, and there is a chance someone would go "penguin" while scavenging for Doritos.

Originally Posted by 24left
I have a topic but I'm not sure where to post it.
Oh. Is this a recipe for your "special" brownies? I knew you were the Martha Stewart of the skies, but I wasn't expecting such a wild side.......... If you ever fly on Turkish, I could see you making the guy who doubles as galley chef cry because of his inadequacy.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
My guess is it will be decades before we see AC offer anything make from Cannibis that can be consumed. Until it is legal in the vast majority of jurisdictions it operates into.

Now expanding the KitKat offering to include the Orange KitKat would be a nice addition.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
...The suffering of users would be untold, and there is a chance someone would go "penguin" while scavenging for Doritos.
So you think they would get super angry?
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
Since sale of Cannabis is to be provincially regulated .....

I can't help but wonder if interprovincial transportation of cannabis by private individuals might be regulated in the same way as carriage of alcohol between provinces is.

Since AC must abide by both federal and provincial regulations, is there potential for cannabis to be classified as prohibited in both checked and carry-on luggage.

Another aspect to be considered is that AC must abide by regulations imposed by countries which they overfly. This would potentially include a significant number of domestic flights.

Certainly AC will have to impose a total ban on cannabis on all international routes lest they be held liable for passebers' actions!
skybluesea likes this.

Last edited by TemboOne; Aug 13, 2018 at 7:33 pm
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffsim
Considering AC does not offer the services of prostitutes at its FRA MLL, I’m not sure they need to concern themselves with every legal vice in every jurisdiction within their network. I expect them defer to federal and provincial guidelines regarding the use of cannibis in public areas.
When AC does deliver their message, what hash tag will they use?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
What would happen if you were on a YVR-YYZ flight, in possession of pot, which diverted to ORD in case of emergency? Then you would have transported narcotics across the American border. Wouldn't want to be busted for that lol. The Americans would probably bar you from the country for life.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA JAL
I seriously doubt any Canadian airlines will serve pot edible. Assuming the product is legal within Canada, it won't be in most of the destination. Since it's classified as a controlled substance elsewhere, I don't see how Air Canada will stock edibles containing a banned substance. If you can get ban from entering US by simply admitting you smoked pot ages ago, why would you think they would let Air Canada operate a flight stock with these things? Per Transport Canada's news letter (ASL 3/2017), even medical cannabis will make you unfit to fly. While the news letter didn't say anything about flight attendants, mechanics, and ground handling crews, it's very likely these roles will not be permitted to show up impaired.

As for Orange KitKat, just grab them from T&T supermarket around Lunar New Year, there's where I got mine.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by TemboOne
At least put Green Tea Kit Kat on the HND and NRT flights!
London Drugs stocks them in Alberta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.