Jumper Jack
knotseh
Bohemian1 (with swag)
PhilElite
canadiancow

Waitlisted:

VDB:
maradori

Current Location Choices (Please add your preference here - Downtown & Broadway Locations)
Cactus Club Broadway/English Bay/Robson
AnnaLena
Cafe Medina
The Keg (?)
Miku or Minami's / sushi place?
Print Wikipost

YVR Mini-DO , Saturday, March 10

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
YVR Mini-DO , Saturday, March 10

Hey all, its been awhile! Next Saturday I plan on having a Mini-Do In YVR
Me, Cow and Knotseh are currently interested to attend.

Right now it will either be a late lunch DO or an early dinner DO.

Knotseh have also suggested a potential ski day on Sunday for those of you ski experts who might be interested.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Mar 4, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm in if attendance is reasonable.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Prolly not going to ski, but if enough people show, I'll try to find my way up
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm in if attendance is reasonable.
Originally Posted by maradori
...if enough people show, I'll try to find my way up
In my business, these are 'fair weather flyers'. In less polite terms, it's called 'sit or get off the pot' (I may have misplaced an h).

Personally, I aim to attend an event if the timing/venue/agenda is appealing, and not based upon who's going or how many bodies show up. One of the most memorable FT DOs I attended totalled a whopping four of us. It was a genuine pleasure to reinforce relationships in an intimate gathering with no pretensions.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Ahhh Im free this weekend and want to come to this one again to see you guys but it's literally $852 rt from ywg-yvr... Ugh
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Ahhh Im free this weekend and want to come to this one again to see you guys but it's literally $852 rt from ywg-yvr... Ugh
No I or X space available?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
In my business, these are 'fair weather flyers'. In less polite terms, it's called 'sit or get off the pot' (I may have misplaced an h).

Personally, I aim to attend an event if the timing/venue/agenda is appealing, and not based upon who's going or how many bodies show up. One of the most memorable FT DOs I attended totalled a whopping four of us. It was a genuine pleasure to reinforce relationships in an intimate gathering with no pretensions.
To be fair, these guys are flying up from SFO. So its not exactly unreasonable for them to wait and see.
Anyways, would love it if you could attend as well.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
There isn't any on the way back just on the way there.

Now if an SE wanted to donate an IKK for some miles...

But still... I love you guys but 50K RT in a CRA is a questionable choice LOL
nomadic.relief likes this.

Last edited by SKYEG; Mar 4, 2018 at 9:25 pm
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer

It's not who, it's how many. I told Jack I wasn't going to fly up for a lunch date with him.

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
To be fair, these guys are flying up from SFO. So its not exactly unreasonable for them to wait and see.
Anyways, would love it if you could attend as well.
Yeah, I expect my out of pocket cost for a YVR do is generally on the order of $700 USD. Hence why I'm not going up unless there's actually something going on beyond a lunch date.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:26 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's not who, it's how many. I told Jack I wasn't going to fly up for a lunch date with him.

Yeah, I expect my out of pocket cost for a YVR do is generally on the order of $700 USD. Hence why I'm not going up unless there's actually something going on beyond a lunch date.
How dare you want to ensure you get value for your hard-earned dollars! Actually, since you work in tech in SFO, it's all beer, foosball and beanbag chairs, you didn't even work very hard for those dollars. DOUBLE how dare you!!!
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
I'm in for lunch - have a thing to go to at 6pm so can't stay for dinner. Sunday skiing is a maybe. Depends on how the snow is and a bunch of other factors. It'll probably be a Saturday or game-time decision.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
In the air this weekend. I'll show up for the next one, though!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:29 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I'd be up for this. Off to CDG the next day so it would be nice to take advantage of an actual weekend (okay one day) in YVR.

Lunch would work be best for me, anywhere downtown we could book a table would be good.

P.S. I could bring some FT tags if anyone is interested. Jack knows what I mean.
Jumper Jack likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I'd be up for this. Off to CDG the next day so it would be nice to take advantage of an actual weekend (okay one day) in YVR.

Lunch would work be best for me, anywhere downtown we could book a table would be good.

P.S. I could bring some FT tags if anyone is interested. Jack knows what I mean.
Okay, so lunch it is then! I think I will try and book table some time on Weds when the list forms up
I take it in that you are in then? :P

Btw his tags are amazing, Cow u are gonna want to fly up here for this goodie
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:42 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Okay, so lunch it is then! I think I will try and book table some time on Weds when the list forms up
I take it in that you are in then?
Yup - I'm in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.