FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   YVR Mini-DO , Saturday, March 10 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1897040-yvr-mini-do-saturday-march-10-a.html)

Jumper Jack Mar 4, 2018 8:06 pm

YVR Mini-DO , Saturday, March 10

Hey all, its been awhile! Next Saturday I plan on having a Mini-Do In YVR
Me, Cow and Knotseh are currently interested to attend.

Right now it will either be a late lunch DO or an early dinner DO.

Knotseh have also suggested a potential ski day on Sunday for those of you ski experts who might be interested. :)

canadiancow Mar 4, 2018 8:22 pm

I'm in if attendance is reasonable.

maradori Mar 4, 2018 8:41 pm

Prolly not going to ski, but if enough people show, I'll try to find my way up

CZAMFlyer Mar 4, 2018 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 29485895)
I'm in if attendance is reasonable.

Originally Posted by maradori
...if enough people show, I'll try to find my way up

In my business, these are 'fair weather flyers'. In less polite terms, it's called 'sit or get off the pot' (I may have misplaced an h).

Personally, I aim to attend an event if the timing/venue/agenda is appealing, and not based upon who's going or how many bodies show up. One of the most memorable FT DOs I attended totalled a whopping four of us. It was a genuine pleasure to reinforce relationships in an intimate gathering with no pretensions.

SKYEG Mar 4, 2018 9:10 pm

Ahhh Im free this weekend and want to come to this one again to see you guys but it's literally $852 rt from ywg-yvr... Ugh

Jumper Jack Mar 4, 2018 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG (Post 29486006)
Ahhh Im free this weekend and want to come to this one again to see you guys but it's literally $852 rt from ywg-yvr... Ugh

No I or X space available? :(

Jumper Jack Mar 4, 2018 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer (Post 29486000)
In my business, these are 'fair weather flyers'. In less polite terms, it's called 'sit or get off the pot' (I may have misplaced an h).

Personally, I aim to attend an event if the timing/venue/agenda is appealing, and not based upon who's going or how many bodies show up. One of the most memorable FT DOs I attended totalled a whopping four of us. It was a genuine pleasure to reinforce relationships in an intimate gathering with no pretensions.

To be fair, these guys are flying up from SFO. So its not exactly unreasonable for them to wait and see.
Anyways, would love it if you could attend as well. :)

SKYEG Mar 4, 2018 9:20 pm

There isn't any on the way back just on the way there.

Now if an SE wanted to donate an IKK for some miles... ;)

But still... I love you guys but 50K RT in a CRA is a questionable choice LOL

canadiancow Mar 4, 2018 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer (Post 29486000)

It's not who, it's how many. I told Jack I wasn't going to fly up for a lunch date with him.

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack (Post 29486028)
To be fair, these guys are flying up from SFO. So its not exactly unreasonable for them to wait and see.
Anyways, would love it if you could attend as well. :)

Yeah, I expect my out of pocket cost for a YVR do is generally on the order of $700 USD. Hence why I'm not going up unless there's actually something going on beyond a lunch date.

Adam Smith Mar 4, 2018 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 29486148)
It's not who, it's how many. I told Jack I wasn't going to fly up for a lunch date with him.

Yeah, I expect my out of pocket cost for a YVR do is generally on the order of $700 USD. Hence why I'm not going up unless there's actually something going on beyond a lunch date.

How dare you want to ensure you get value for your hard-earned dollars! Actually, since you work in tech in SFO, it's all beer, foosball and beanbag chairs, you didn't even work very hard for those dollars. DOUBLE how dare you!!!

knotseh Mar 4, 2018 11:22 pm

I'm in for lunch - have a thing to go to at 6pm so can't stay for dinner. Sunday skiing is a maybe. Depends on how the snow is and a bunch of other factors. It'll probably be a Saturday or game-time decision.

AC*SE Mar 5, 2018 8:45 am

In the air this weekend. I'll show up for the next one, though!

Bohemian1 Mar 5, 2018 5:29 pm

I'd be up for this. Off to CDG the next day so it would be nice to take advantage of an actual weekend (okay one day) in YVR.

Lunch would work be best for me, anywhere downtown we could book a table would be good.

P.S. I could bring some FT tags if anyone is interested. Jack knows what I mean.

Jumper Jack Mar 5, 2018 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 29489844)
I'd be up for this. Off to CDG the next day so it would be nice to take advantage of an actual weekend (okay one day) in YVR.

Lunch would work be best for me, anywhere downtown we could book a table would be good.

P.S. I could bring some FT tags if anyone is interested. Jack knows what I mean.

Okay, so lunch it is then! I think I will try and book table some time on Weds when the list forms up
I take it in that you are in then? :P

Btw his tags are amazing, Cow u are gonna want to fly up here for this goodie :D

Bohemian1 Mar 5, 2018 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack (Post 29489857)
Okay, so lunch it is then! I think I will try and book table some time on Weds when the list forms up
I take it in that you are in then?

Yup - I'm in.