Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada ranks dead last among large NA carriers for On-Time Performance, Again

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada ranks dead last among large NA carriers for On-Time Performance, Again

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Sounds like a great January excuse. Only AC has to deal with snow and cold. All the other airlines dont have snow/cold hubs... except not.
If you read upthread I am the last one making excuses for AC and their OTP. They're maximizing plane utilization (and hence $) over passengers with hold times and turn times that are completely unrealistic, especially in the winter.

I'm just expecting that the January numbers are going to be way worse; I saw a lot of boards full of red at YYZ over the last 4 weeks.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
I saw a lot of boards full of red at YYZ over the last 4 weeks.
This morning the YYZ International Arrivals board was easily half red, and I considered myself lucky to only arrive 2 hours late.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by 5mm
or I fly a lot more than you!
quite possible. although none of your fellow FTers will ever know as your profile is empty. quite mysterious.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:48 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
quite possible. although none of your fellow FTers will ever know as your profile is empty. quite mysterious.
5mm stands for the 5 plus million miles I have flown
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
January results are in, and AC is once again #1 in North America - destroying the competition coming in at 54% on time for the month.
It wasnt even close - although Westjet tried hard and came in at 70%

On a global scale - only EgyptAir beat AC ... maybe February they can bring it in under 50%

Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 28, 2020 at 2:08 pm
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Well at least they got it right AC is a 2* company
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skybluesea
Westjet comes in year over year at 77%

Way to go AC - at least 2/3 of your flights are on-time
its because of Canadian weather!!
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by rankourabu
January results are in, and AC is once again #1 in North America - destroying the competition coming in at 54% on time for the month.
It wasnt even close - although Westjet tried hard and came in at 70%

On a global scale - only EgyptAir beat AC ... maybe February they can bring it in under 50%

AC: "Eh...we won't get 90% anyways, we'll aim for the lowest %, it's an easier target"
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: Air Canada SE100K, Westjet Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, NEXUS
This thread has become another hate-on for AC. We should be discussing what we think the reasons are for these results rather than providing our standard sassy comments about how terrible AC is.

I am certain their abysmal OT performance vs the competition is being taken seriously by management, and I am also certain they know exactly what the reasons are for their on-time results better than we do. Unfortunately, we don’t have this information, nor any knowledge about their plan to improve this metric.

I think it would be a more interesting thread if we shared our thoughts of what the actual reasons could be vs the standard complaining about the airline. Is it their computer system, are the flight schedules too tight, aircraft maintenance issues, not enough ground crews, etc? What is setting AC apart from the others in terms of OTP?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by AC7E7
This thread has become another hate-on for AC. We should be discussing what we think the reasons are for these results rather than providing our standard sassy comments about how terrible AC is.

I am certain their abysmal OT performance vs the competition is being taken seriously by management, and I am also certain they know exactly what the reasons are for their on-time results better than we do. Unfortunately, we don’t have this information, nor any knowledge about their plan to improve this metric.

I think it would be a more interesting thread if we shared our thoughts of what the actual reasons could be vs the standard complaining about the airline. Is it their computer system, are the flight schedules too tight, aircraft maintenance issues, not enough ground crews, etc? What is setting AC apart from the others in terms of OTP?
Welcome to FT.

Also, your post didn't provide any reason for AC's late OTP in your thread.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 5mm
5mm stands for the 5 plus million miles I have flown
In the real world small m is milli, not mega. Which is cap M.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Air Canada SE100K, Westjet Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, NEXUS
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Welcome to FT.

Also, your post didn't provide any reason for AC's late OTP in your thread.
I’m pretty sure I provided a number possible causes in my response:
“Is it their computer system, are the flight schedules too tight, aircraft maintenance issues, not enough ground crews, etc? What is setting AC apart from the others in terms of OTP?”
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am certain their abysmal OT performance vs the competition is being taken seriously by management
For sure, how else would you explain the year-on-year improvement in this area in the last 3-4 years.
Oh wait....
KenHamer, skybluesea and Symmetre like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
I am certain their abysmal OT performance vs the competition is being taken seriously by management ...
Speaking for myself only, I sincerely doubt that. Many, many years of dealing with AC strongly suggests otherwise.
skybluesea likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.