Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Altitude SE Partner Benefits 2018 - No Fairmont Fast Track - Platinum status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

I do not see that in the partners offers section on my SE Altitude dashboard.
I only see the Fairmont benefits for the individual stays.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Whatever, it was a scam anyway.

6 nights credited in 2016 and they refused to give me Platinum in 2017.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Probably due to the fact that the Fairmont program is coming to an end in 2018, see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fair...embership.html for all the details.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Fairmont is joining the Accor group, so the FPC is being shut down. Believe most of their partner deals were closed for this year while they make the change.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Fairmont is dead, its switching to Accor that's a useless program, this year i will use my free Platinum night and thats it.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
It's a shame since Fairmont had such a generous program.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Think that is all you will get for 2018 . . . but we will see where Fairmont ends up
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by flybit
Fairmont is dead, its switching to Accor that's a useless program, this year i will use my free Platinum night and thats it.
Any elaboration on why it's a "useless program"?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
So do we get status through to 2019 with the 2017 code? I've noticed that the language was never really clear on that, but in the past it's always happened.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by drgmobile
Any elaboration on why it's a "useless program"?
compare for yourself Accor top tier to any other top tier status from a global chain and you’ll see Accor top tier is garbage.
flybit likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:12 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
So do we get status through to 2019 with the 2017 code? I've noticed that the language was never really clear on that, but in the past it's always happened.
If you link your Fairmont and Accor accounts, they will match you over to Accor status. I think you should get status through the end of the 2018 Accor benefit year, which is December 31, 2018.

For the 2019 benefit year, it will depend on 2018 activities, although the e-mail they sent suggests that both Fairmont and Accor stays from all of 2019 will qualify.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by YYC traveler
Probably due to the fact that the Fairmont program is coming to an end in 2018, see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fair...embership.html for all the details.
One of the best benefits of SE is gone. 3 nights stay to get FPC Platinum was a ridiculous deal, since it gave you a free night stay and $200US in spending money, plus room and suite upgrades for the next year.

I need to find a way to spend the $200 US by the end of Feb 18. I was saving it for a trip that didn't happen. Any volunteers?

I wonder how many drinks of JW Blue I could get a Fairmont for $200US. I'm guessing 4. (Skybluesea, your guess??)
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
One of the best benefits of SE is gone. 3 nights stay to get FPC Platinum was a ridiculous deal, since it gave you a free night stay and $200US in spending money, plus room and suite upgrades for the next year.

I need to find a way to spend the $200 US by the end of Feb 18. I was saving it for a trip that didn't happen. Any volunteers?

I wonder how many drinks of JW Blue I could get a Fairmont for $200US. I'm guessing 4. (Skybluesea, your guess??)
You are technically not allowed to use the credits on alcohol, and I have had certain properties enforce this.
DrunkCargo likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Noting cow's post regarding not being able to use it for alcohol, I will answer this anyway...

I have never seen a single of JW Blue go for that high, at least in North America.

In Toronto, for example, I've seen it anywhere between $25 to $42 for a single. So let's say you can get five.
DrunkCargo likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Noting cow's post regarding not being able to use it for alcohol, I will answer this anyway...

I have never seen a single of JW Blue go for that high, at least in North America.

In Toronto, for example, I've seen it anywhere between $25 to $42 for a single. So let's say you can get five.
The only time I have had an issue is when I tried to use the certificates for a bottle of champagne. Its usually not an issue if you have food.

So say a $25 hamburger and 4 JW Blue.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.