Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:08 am
Company Representative, Fairmont
Original Poster

Programs: Fairmont Presidents Club

On July 2nd, 2018, Fairmont President’s Club will officially join the award-winning Le Club AccorHotels, providing you with more rewards and member privileges than ever before! Any stays until July 1st, 2018, will apply to your new status with Le Club AccorHotels and all Fairmont President’s Club e-certificates will remain valid for use at participating properties until February 28th, 2019. While the way you spend and earn rewards is evolving, rest assured that your Fairmont experience will not change. For all the details, visit: http://fpcmembersite.com
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:32 am

Just read through this. Disappointing as long time FPC Platinum. No more Suite upgrades after end of Feb 2019 - existing FPC certificates expire Feb 28,2019. Merged program all revenue based.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
FPC RIP

I am done. The Accor program and service levels are abominable compared to Fairmont. I couldn’t even get anyone at Accor to even pick up the phone on their Platinum line. Already lost 4 nights and another week will be booked elsewhere soon.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum
re: FPC RIP

Is there any incentive at all for current Fairmont Plainums to be loyal to Accor? It seems benefits are being reduced to almost nothing. Am I missing something?
curl and ptownca like this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Unhappy

Yup, on first glance, me no like.

I appreciate the availability of a FairmontLiaison but even you have to admit that this is the death knell of a much better program in favour of something much less. "Award-winning" indeed.
ptownca likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I just did the math:

Platinum: Spend $454 EUROS to get a $40 EURO off your next stay. (44 points per $10 Euro = 2000 points per $454 euro)
Silver: Spend $541 EUROS to get $40 EURO off your next stay (37 points per $10 Euro = 2000 points per $541 Euro).

I am simply not pleased with this. Shame on Accor. I have been a Platinum member since 2007, but 2018 will be my last. On the surface a near 10% return doesn't seem bad, but they have stripped all of the great things that Fairmont was. I was much happier earning no return on my spend and getting certificates for nights, suites, spa, etc. It really was the best loyalty program out there.
Napstolean likes this.

Last edited by CanuckFlyHigh; Dec 12, 2017 at 8:31 am
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Just read through this. This is a ....in' shame. Let's not mince words here. Goodbye, Fairmont. I will miss you dearly.
curl and YVRYEGYVR like this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:08 am
R2

Same feeling here...this is what feared would happen (but was hoping I would be wrong, I wasn't). So long Fairmont, Hello Hilton and SPG.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Just sad. Bye Fairmont. Way to s*** on your loyal guests. 😭
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FairmontLiason
On July 2nd, 2018, Fairmont President’s Club will officially join the award-winning Le Club AccorHotels, providing you with more rewards and member privileges than ever before! Any stays until July 1st, 2018, will apply to your new status with Le Club AccorHotels and all Fairmont President’s Club e-certificates will remain valid for use at participating properties until February 28th, 2019. While the way you spend and earn rewards is evolving, rest assured that your Fairmont experience will not change. For all the details, visit: http://fpcmembersite.com
You can’t be serious. This program is worthless. I will miss my favorite properties, but alas, you clearly don’t care about years of loyalty. I will miss our trips but SPG and Marriott actually reward loyalty. Fun while it lasted....
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:23 am

So if I get Platinum for the 2018 year (ie, Mar 1, 2018 to Feb 28, 2019), I should still get all my certificates (free night, upgrades, $$), and I will be able to use these until Feb 28, 2019? Am I reading it right?
And after that, by all accounts, it sounds like there's no reason to stay ...
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Agreed. The benefits completely suck. On the plus side, it's dead easy to qualify for Accor Platinum compared to Fairmont Platinum qualification.

According to the chart, Platinum members earn 25 points per 10 Euros spent. You need 14,000 points to earn Platinum. That means you can hit Platinum with just 5,600 Euros spent. Is my math correct? I have a single 5-night stay at Lake Louise this summer where I'll spend that. Unless my math is off, or I'm misunderstanding how the program works, my existing bookings at BSH and CLL for 2018 will likely clear 3 times the qualification threshold for Accor Platinum.

So, easier to earn status, but too bad it's not actually worth anything. No guaranteed upgrades upon booking? What bloody use is that?
ptownca likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
The bomb we were waiting for has dropped.
Some things I don't understand:

>Platinum = 14,000 Status Points or up to 60 room nights
So does this mean if I hit 60 nights but status points are short I still qualify? Why does it say "up to"??

>Rewards Points will never expire and are valid for life, subject to one eligible stay per year.
Never expire? Doesn't sound like it. So does this mean if you do not stay during one year you lose all your points? Do points expire after one year from earn, or after one year no stay, everything goes poof?

>What really makes Maryam smile though, is that rather than receiving her annual two room and two suite upgrade certificates, she will receive an upgrade to the next best room or room category(4) every single time she stays at a Fairmont or another Le Club AccorHotels property.
Doesn't make me smile. Sure I get upgraded to Deluxe but the standard room I am usually given by the property is better than the Deluxe I sometimes get, so now I have to explain to the property to NOT upgrade me all the time. That will be a real pain. And yes, no more suite upgrades

However, I did not see mention about lounge access. Will Fairmont be required now to make their Gold lounge accessible to Platinums??

I gave up Premier Platinum at Marriott to go Fairmont. Time to go back, esp. since I am in reach of the Lifetime status levels (already have nights for Platinum, just need more points).
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
I wonder what this means for the US/CDN Amex Plat that gives you FPC Plat after 5 nights.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:34 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Bye Bye Fairmont

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.