FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Altitude SE Partner Benefits 2018 - No Fairmont Fast Track - Platinum status? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1888170-altitude-se-partner-benefits-2018-no-fairmont-fast-track-platinum-status.html)

FlyerGoldII Jan 13, 2018 12:49 pm

Altitude SE Partner Benefits 2018 - No Fairmont Fast Track - Platinum status?

I do not see that in the partners offers section on my SE Altitude dashboard.
I only see the Fairmont benefits for the individual stays.

canadiancow Jan 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Whatever, it was a scam anyway.

6 nights credited in 2016 and they refused to give me Platinum in 2017.

YYC traveler Jan 13, 2018 12:57 pm

Probably due to the fact that the Fairmont program is coming to an end in 2018, see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fair...embership.html for all the details.

krayZpaving Jan 13, 2018 12:58 pm

Fairmont is joining the Accor group, so the FPC is being shut down. Believe most of their partner deals were closed for this year while they make the change.

flybit Jan 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Fairmont is dead, its switching to Accor that's a useless program, this year i will use my free Platinum night and thats it.

YOWzer Jan 13, 2018 1:26 pm

It's a shame since Fairmont had such a generous program.

BlondeBomber Jan 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Think that is all you will get for 2018 . . . but we will see where Fairmont ends up

drgmobile Jan 14, 2018 7:26 am

Originally Posted by flybit (Post 29288737)
Fairmont is dead, its switching to Accor that's a useless program, this year i will use my free Platinum night and thats it.

Any elaboration on why it's a "useless program"?

Nitehawk Jan 14, 2018 9:56 am

So do we get status through to 2019 with the 2017 code? I've noticed that the language was never really clear on that, but in the past it's always happened.

Bonaventure Jan 14, 2018 10:05 am

Originally Posted by drgmobile (Post 29291145)
Any elaboration on why it's a "useless program"?

compare for yourself Accor top tier to any other top tier status from a global chain and you’ll see Accor top tier is garbage.

Adam Smith Jan 14, 2018 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk (Post 29291613)
So do we get status through to 2019 with the 2017 code? I've noticed that the language was never really clear on that, but in the past it's always happened.

If you link your Fairmont and Accor accounts, they will match you over to Accor status. I think you should get status through the end of the 2018 Accor benefit year, which is December 31, 2018.

For the 2019 benefit year, it will depend on 2018 activities, although the e-mail they sent suggests that both Fairmont and Accor stays from all of 2019 will qualify.

Yhztraveller Jan 14, 2018 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by YYC traveler (Post 29288681)
Probably due to the fact that the Fairmont program is coming to an end in 2018, see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fair...embership.html for all the details.

One of the best benefits of SE is gone. 3 nights stay to get FPC Platinum was a ridiculous deal, since it gave you a free night stay and $200US in spending money, plus room and suite upgrades for the next year.

I need to find a way to spend the $200 US by the end of Feb 18. I was saving it for a trip that didn't happen. Any volunteers?

I wonder how many drinks of JW Blue I could get a Fairmont for $200US. I'm guessing 4. (Skybluesea, your guess??)

canadiancow Jan 14, 2018 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 29292226)
One of the best benefits of SE is gone. 3 nights stay to get FPC Platinum was a ridiculous deal, since it gave you a free night stay and $200US in spending money, plus room and suite upgrades for the next year.

I need to find a way to spend the $200 US by the end of Feb 18. I was saving it for a trip that didn't happen. Any volunteers?

I wonder how many drinks of JW Blue I could get a Fairmont for $200US. I'm guessing 4. (Skybluesea, your guess??)

You are technically not allowed to use the credits on alcohol, and I have had certain properties enforce this.

yyznomad Jan 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 29292226)

Noting cow's post regarding not being able to use it for alcohol, I will answer this anyway...

I have never seen a single of JW Blue go for that high, at least in North America.

In Toronto, for example, I've seen it anywhere between $25 to $42 for a single. So let's say you can get five. :)

Yhztraveller Jan 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 29292346)
Noting cow's post regarding not being able to use it for alcohol, I will answer this anyway...

I have never seen a single of JW Blue go for that high, at least in North America.

In Toronto, for example, I've seen it anywhere between $25 to $42 for a single. So let's say you can get five. :)

The only time I have had an issue is when I tried to use the certificates for a bottle of champagne. Its usually not an issue if you have food.

So say a $25 hamburger and 4 JW Blue.....