Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by tcook052
No wonder I couldn't find the game on TV tonight. I can barely contain my disappointment.
Lol. Sorry!
tcook052 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Montreal NBA team... what would its name be?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Montreal NBA team... what would its name be?
Trois Points?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Trois Points?
Ha that's actually a good one.

Is there even a market for NBA in Montreal?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by 24left
First, I had to recover from the chocolate dessert decadence in the ORD Polaris......

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30289192-post2581.html

But since you asked why there wasn't any chocolate in my scenic photos from Zurich, well, I got a little distracted on the Bahnhofstrasse

I am now doing deep breathing exercises.

Oh how I miss living in Europe
24left likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wish Nylander will sign soon.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
I'd like to see the small market Brewers win.
I’m all in on the Brewers after seeing a game there on their last regular season homestand. I had a blast. Also spotted Yelich at a BBQ joint with some of his friends who had travelled in the night before the game, so that was fun too.

Also, post season baseball has been great so far. Hoping to see either NL team take the World Series.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Ha that's actually a good one.

Is there even a market for NBA in Montreal?
I think they are more focused on getting a baseball team back before they shoot for a basketball team. Seems like some NBA players have a hard time with Toronto being in a 'foreign' country, what happens when you add another language too.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by vernonc
I think they are more focused on getting a baseball team back before they shoot for a basketball team. Seems like some NBA players have a hard time with Toronto being in a 'foreign' country, what happens when you add another language too.
I don't think the language barrier is such a big thing anymore.

Montreal's historic baseball links do make it seem more likely to land a MLB team before an NBA team but it isn't beyond the realm of possibility to see a struggling NBA team relocate instead of Montreal getting an expansion franchise.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: AC E75K, MR/SPG Plat Ambassador, UA G
Originally Posted by songsc
Can someone explain this a little bit?
Yea basically refers to your "bandwidth" (read: availability) to take on new tasks. If you are really busy you would have "no bandwidth"
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by songsc
Can someone explain this a little bit?
As per @yyz_consulted I think the reference was to consulting jargon with respect to utilization ("on the beach/bench") and/or whether one is generally busy (billable or non-billable work). At least, that's the term we used back in the management consulting heydays...
Originally Posted by yyz_consulted
Yea basically refers to your "bandwidth" (read: availability) to take on new tasks. If you are really busy you would have "no bandwidth"
+1
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Bucket list!

Today I got to swim in the infinity pool at the top of the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore

It's very cool watching the sunrise from here.

24left likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canopus27
Bucket list!

Today I got to swim in the infinity pool at the top of the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore

Congrats!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by canopus27
Bucket list!

Nice. Any of the cast of crazy rich Asians floating there too ?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Real test for Leafs starting tomorrow with Caps.

Then LAK, PIT, STL, and a home-and-home with WPG.
yyz_consulted likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.