Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Agreed.

And with this year's team, I keep on forgetting that we still have Tulo. I can't remember anymore the last time he was healthy and playing.
Same with Donaldson.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tcook052
Same with Donaldson.
Maybe they are tanking for the draft.....oh wait, wrong sport.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by tcook052
Same with Donaldson.
Yes, Donaldson as well!

On another note, I wonder how many players a certain media personality had "fun" with...
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC
My son is in middle management at a Big 5 bank and he found himself recently in an interesting situation whereby he paid to sit in a premium cabin on an airline (LMU type of situation) while most of his senior management walked back to economy class. He ducked his head down and tried to blend in. His question to me was, should he have given up his seat?

I don't know the answer to this question. Thoughts?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
My son is in middle management at a Big 5 bank and he found himself recently in an interesting situation whereby he paid to sit in a premium cabin on an airline (LMU type of situation) while most of his senior management walked back to economy class. He ducked his head down and tried to blend in. His question to me was, should he have given up his seat?

I would say no. I'm sure his management knows the company travel expense policies and therefore that if your son was in a higher cabin it was because he paid out of his own pocket.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by eigenvector
I would say no. I'm sure his management knows the company travel expense policies and therefore that if your son was in a higher cabin it was because he paid out of his own pocket.
I agree. However it can be tricky. I basically had an offer at OLCI to upgrade with credits I knew I didn’t need. I declined because of the fact I’d then be in row 2 or something while the boss was back in economy.

Now this boss was no good. Most managers it should not be an issue with. Could always say it was an op up and couldn’t say no (what I wish I’d done after 4h in a non preferred seat).
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:34 pm

His question to me was, should he have given up his seat? I don't know the answer to this question. Thoughts?
Nah. Like they told me at the sleep clinic, you snooze, you lose.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Big Five? RIP EOY bonus then
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

I've done that before.

Had to book a work trip. I had $1100 to spend. Cheapest Y was $1150. J on the exact same flights was $1250. So I spent $150 out of pocket (instead of $50), and paid for J. A lot of people walked past me. But I literally paid for it. My boss with his family. Trading with him would have been worse than not trading with him
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Well after a long six years, I finally finished this PhD degree (hence the absence from FT for the past few months). Guess I’m a “Dr.” now Hardest fought battle over two letters I’ve ever experienced!
pewpew, marke190, jc94 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by ScGhost0
Well after a long six years, I finally finished this PhD degree (hence the absence from FT for the past few months). Guess I’m a “Dr.” now Hardest fought battle over two letters I’ve ever experienced!
Congrats!
ScGhost0 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Agreed.

And with this year's team, I keep on forgetting that we still have Tulo. I can't remember anymore the last time he was healthy and playing.
It's been over a full year....
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by meagicano
It's been over a full year....
Time for some Bo.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
And there goes Osuna... off to the Astros for "right-handed reliever Ken Giles and minor-league pitchers Hector Perez and David Paulino."

Can't say I'm surprised.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1577349
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by meagicano
And there goes Osuna... off to the Astros for "right-handed reliever Ken Giles and minor-league pitchers Hector Perez and David Paulino."

Can't say I'm surprised.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1577349
Yep. Tainted goods anyway.
smallmj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.