Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your Super Elite S100K 2018/19 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Super Elite S100K 2018/19 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by marginal
Just got credited the last AQD's I need for 2018 100k yesterday (from flights I took on November 1st), but crossed 100k AQM in mid October.
What are my chances of early recog? Currently 75k 1MM.

Thanks
Simon
I would say your chances are pretty good.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: AP 1992- , AC SE1MM, NEXUS, GE, TD Visa Infinite Privilege, Fairmont Platinum
Last May 23, took a flight that brought me to:

AQMs: 101 096
Segments: 23
AQDs: 20 601.54$

No news of status for 2018 yet... no possibility offered to choose 2018 privileges either, of course.

Should I worry? Seems like I should have received some communication or other, no?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LeisureMiler

No news of status for 2018 yet... no possibility offered to choose 2018 privileges either, of course.

Should I worry? Seems like I should have received some communication or other, no?
You already have SE status so no rush. Just wait for the email to pick your 2018 benefits which is likely to come out late Nov or early Dec, possibly first week if my memory serves me right from previous years.
I met the SE requirements in Oct and have also not recd any notification or email to select 2018 benefits.
LeisureMiler likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Started to credit to AC beginning of February and qualified for SE in September with some additional trips on OW. IMHO, SE qualification (and status qualification in general) is nothing to be proud of. It comes with the need to get from A to B and makes my life significantly easier but I'd give up status in a heartbeat if it means I don't need to be on the road that often. I can still get decent service by buying C tickets…
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by LeisureMiler

This is normal, if you are re-qualifying for the same status.
LeisureMiler likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by totti
Started to credit to AC beginning of February and qualified for SE in September with some additional trips on OW. IMHO, SE qualification (and status qualification in general) is nothing to be proud of. It comes with the need to get from A to B and makes my life significantly easier but I'd give up status in a heartbeat if it means I don't need to be on the road that often. I can still get decent service by buying C tickets…
Its not about pride, its about free transpac Eups.

Simon
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by run&fly
Way to go, making your boss happy
Its easy to forget how little some people know. I recently had to tell a friend flying J with lounge access for the first time that the food wasn't expensive, it was in fact free and he should go check it out before buying a meal (non AC flight so he had an enjoyable meal before boarding). Same guy didn't even know he got priority security in F.

Another case, friends booking AP flights and complaining about fees on the tangerine account. I suggested using the account with status, boom fees dropped almost in half.

Honestly don't know if these people are good or bad for AC. On th the one hand, they spend $$$$ and don't use their eUps or whatever, on the other hand they don't know what they have so have no real incentive to book Flex and fly AC... Interesting.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by marginal
Its not about pride, its about free transpac Eups.

Simon
I totally agree.

However, when reading this thread I get the impression that some members go the extra mile (and spend a lot of money) just to make it to SE. I am all in for maximizing the travel experience and also for maximizing miles and points as long as one has to travel anyways.

I do not quite get why one would spend time on a plane with no other purpose than getting miles and obtaining status without even seeing the places one is flying to. I know that a lot of FTers disagree with my take of things and that's fine.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
On October 22nd I crossed over the AQD requirement:
AQM: 111,305
AQS: 59
AQD: $20,619

Not a lot planned between now and end of the year so will end up <120,000 AQM, ~70 AQS and probably around $22,000 total spend (actually more like $27,000 including taxes and flights paid for but not flown).
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Warning. Somewhat substantive rant ahead. Proceed with caution.

However, when reading this thread I get the impression that some members go the extra mile (and spend a lot of money) just to make it to SE. I am all in for maximizing the travel experience and also for maximizing miles and points as long as one has to travel anyways.
Hear hear! I've bolded the clutch statement above...there are many members here who jet about the country (or planet) for work and many others who travel so they can stop and smell the roses (or orchids) at their destinations, but there's a gaggle of FTers who just love the idea of status and being first on the plane and gaining access to a mediocre lounge. I frequently take pride on being the last on the plane, to be honest. My assigned seat isn't going anywhere...

I do not quite get why one would spend time on a plane with no other purpose than getting miles and obtaining status without even seeing the places one is flying to. I know that a lot of FTers disagree with my take of things and that's fine.
What an oddity: flying 12 hours to spend a night in a sterile chain hotel that looks just like the one in Mississauga (ooh, but I got comp upgraded to a junior suite), and spend a couple hours in a cookie-cutter lounge (often without the cookies) and come home again. Often these are the people who weigh in with "well I was in Tokyo three times this month, and..." No you weren't; you were at NRT and maybe didn't venture past the transfer concourse. There are those who spend a lot of time and money to achieve top tier status and once at their goal, stop flying until it's time to requalify for the next year. I mean, I love flying too, but there are better and healthier ways to get above it all.

To each his or her own I suppose, but I just can't see the value in placing so much effort into not seeing anything.
totti and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: AA, AC

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
What an oddity: flying 12 hours to spend a night in a sterile chain hotel that looks just like the one in Mississauga (ooh, but I got comp upgraded to a junior suite), and spend a couple hours in a cookie-cutter lounge (often without the cookies) and come home again. Often these are the people who weigh in with "well I was in Tokyo three times this month, and..." No you weren't; you were at NRT and maybe didn't venture past the transfer concourse. There are those who spend a lot of time and money to achieve top tier status and once at their goal, stop flying until it's time to requalify for the next year. I mean, I love flying too, but there are better and healthier ways to get above it all.

To each his or her own I suppose, but I just can't see the value in placing so much effort into not seeing anything.
+1,000,000

Couldn't agree more.
totti likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Finally crossed the magic 20K AQD threshold last Monday on AC8 from HKG-YVR.

AQM : 149,724
AQS : 51
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:07 am

I got my E75K today, don't think I will make the 100K or AQD this year. It's hard to get AQD when I flew mostly Asia to Europe this year.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Finally crossed the magic 20K AQD threshold last Monday on AC8 from HKG-YVR.
Just flew AC8 today as well and once it posts it will also put me over for SE AQD.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I got my E75K today, don't think I will make the 100K or AQD this year. It's hard to get AQD when I flew mostly Asia to Europe this year.
If you could manage to get a 014 ticket for Asia to Europe it will count for AQD even if you are not flying AC. The new rules from 2017 does help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.