Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your Super Elite S100K 2018/19 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Super Elite S100K 2018/19 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: AC - SE100K
AQM: 235,201
AQS: 86
AQD: $19,871

Here's hoping they give it to me. I may have another flight I'll book on an 014 ticket before the year is done, to get me over the hump.

In total, I spent $50k+ on Star Alliance, and credited all on AC. I may need to rethink this next year, but Star Alliance is slowly dying.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
We need to start figuring odds on this one. Here's my 20.00!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Lights_a_blur
AQM: 235,201
AQS: 86
AQD: $19,871

Here's hoping they give it to me. I may have another flight I'll book on an 014 ticket before the year is done, to get me over the hump.

In total, I spent $50k+ on Star Alliance, and credited all on AC. I may need to rethink this next year, but Star Alliance is slowly dying.
How on earth did you manage 235K AQM for $19K ? A bunch of TPACs in PE ?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
How on earth did you manage 235K AQM for $19K ? A bunch of TPACs in PE ?
One still earns AQM on non-014 tickets. AQD, however, is only earned on 014 tickets.

I fly mostly to Africa, and AC sells tickets to very few destinations in Africa.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
One still earns AQM on non-014 tickets. AQD, however, is only earned on 014 tickets.

I fly mostly to Africa, and AC sells tickets to very few destinations in Africa.
IF most of your AQM is not on AC, perhaps might be worthwhile to buy the one ticket to make up the $200 shortfall
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
IF most of your AQM is not on AC, perhaps might be worthwhile to buy the one ticket to make up the $200 shortfall
Agreed. May have a trip to YUL in the next few weeks to satisfy the algorithm.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
What was the glorious part? No long ocean crossings? Or no AC?
No AC
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM

Each time I have flown to South Africa this year it has been on AC connecting to SA, LH or LX - but all on 014 tickets and I got the AQD for the entire trip.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, HH Diamond
AQM: 105,135
AQS: 17
AQD: $28,301

Unfortunately, my >100 AQM’s were from SYD - YYZ on Oct 28th. Looks like no early qualification grace period for me. So, cancelling my 2 remaining 2017 YYZ - SYD on AC and re-booking with China Eastern - J Class. Not sure why AC doesn’t want my $, but not giving early recognition means no incentive to keep flying AC for the remainder of the year. $14k for 2 J Class YYZ - SYD looks like it will get me Gold on SkyTeam.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Two things.

1. If you're buying J, what part of SE do you want?

2. I'd bet reasonable money that your status will update before your next trip.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: AC SE
Yesterday, my boss proudly told me he just requalified for SE. When I asked him about select privileges, he gave me a completely blank stare. He later called me to his office, asked me how to pick his privileges and when I looked at his screen, he was on the Aeroplan website looking at his Aeroplan Diamond status.

I kindly redirected him to altitude.aircanada.com and he asked me "Is this new?"... He had no clue this website even existed. Worse, he had never actually selected benefits and just got whatever AC designates as default choices.

He does know how to use, more of less, eUp credits but had no clue about the upgrade windows, fare classes, etc. I ended up spending 45 minutes in his office educating him on AC, Altitude and Aeroplan. He was so happy when I left his office after helping him eUp three upcoming flights.

I think this may happen more often than we (on FT) think.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Two things.

1. If you're buying J, what part of SE do you want?

2. I'd bet reasonable money that your status will update before your next trip.
I’m buying PE Flex on AC @ $7k+ and using e-ups. Always received my e-ups, but have had some close calls and a few bad experiences. Due to them selling the YYZ - YVR leg separetly on AC33 AC34 almost always waitlisted. YYZ - SYD is usually ok, but waitlisted until the gate last flight. SYD - YYZ can be a real pain if waitlisted. SYD will only issue the SYD - YVR boarding pass, which is a real pain with a relatively tight connection when clearing customs and needing a boarding pass. So, the main parts of SE I want for the long flights is higher status on waitlist for e-ups and conceirge that can possibly handle my boarding pass issue at SYD directly rather than getting the usual ‘nothing we can do’.

My next depart is in 3 days and no sweep yet, so not taking the chance with AC. Considering a move to SYD in the new year, so changing to MU and SkyTeam status will give me more options in the region.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by jasdou
Yesterday, my boss proudly told me he just requalified for SE. When I asked him about select privileges, he gave me a completely blank stare. He later called me to his office, asked me how to pick his privileges and when I looked at his screen, he was on the Aeroplan website looking at his Aeroplan Diamond status.

I kindly redirected him to altitude.aircanada.com and he asked me "Is this new?"... He had no clue this website even existed. Worse, he had never actually selected benefits and just got whatever AC designates as default choices.

He does know how to use, more of less, eUp credits but had no clue about the upgrade windows, fare classes, etc. I ended up spending 45 minutes in his office educating him on AC, Altitude and Aeroplan. He was so happy when I left his office after helping him eUp three upcoming flights.

LOL This is spot on! Very, very true...I have worked with many SEs that are clueless. I work with a 2MM SE who doesn't know the ins-and-outs of the system!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by jasdou

Way to go, making your boss happy

Last edited by run&fly; Nov 8, 2017 at 7:14 am
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:01 am

Just got credited the last AQD's I need for 2018 100k yesterday (from flights I took on November 1st), but crossed 100k AQM in mid October.
What are my chances of early recog? Currently 75k 1MM.

Thanks
Simon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.