Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New Promo: Up to 3X AP Miles on All Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Promo: Up to 3X AP Miles on All Flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:14 am
F 1

Missed this one by a couple days. Booked my remaining trips for the year 2 days ago. Darnit.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by F 1
Missed this one by a couple days. Booked my remaining trips for the year 2 days ago. Darnit.
You still have just less than a month to book flights for the beginning of next year though.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:24 am
F 1

Originally Posted by yyznomad
You still have just less than a month to book flights for the beginning of next year though.
Ha! I wish my travel schedule worked that way. I won't know where/when I'm flying until 3 - 4 weeks before departure on average. Actually I lied earlier, I do have one more itinerary to book for 2017, buuuut it's to LAX.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DavidYYC
Dang----- Booked YVR-TPE in PE three days ago. Oh well. I could cancel and rebook for $200, probably not worth it?
Booked YVR/TPE (P fare) day of announcement without knowing of the program.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
3 cities with destination YYZ but described as "Toronto Pearson"

All other YYZ destinations are listed as "Toronto". If YTZ would have been listed, then I'd understand identifying both.

(so much fun, so little time...)

All Northern Ontario communities (YQT/YTS/YYB/and YAM) have some promo attached to them EXCEPT for YSB
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by acysb87
All Northern Ontario communities (YQT/YTS/YYB/and YAM) have some promo attached to them EXCEPT for YSB
That's because YSB is part of YTO anyway.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
That's because YSB is part of YTO anyway.

Time to buy some FPs and book flights. Will start heavy travel segments for next 6 weeks. 6 segments next week,6 week after that....
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
What about one-way flights?

In the T&Cs on the registration page, it states: "To qualify, the eligible round-trips or two one-way flight segments must be travelled in the eligible fare options (booking classes)... "

I just booked a RTW ticket with two segments that are covered by this promotion, YYZ-CDG (in B, Latitude) and ICN-YVR (in P, Business). Will those two one-way segments qualify for this promotion? The booking was on 13 Oct (eligible from a date perspective).
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:12 pm

I just booked a RTW ticket with two segments that are covered by this promotion, YYZ-CDG (in B, Latitude) and ICN-YVR (in P, Business). Will those two one-way segments qualify for this promotion? The booking was on 13 Oct (eligible from a date perspective).[/QUOTE]

I had similar itinerary, YYZ-PVG , PEK-YYZ. I called AC for promotion eligibility.

The rep from AC told me "YES", my call was recorded anyway. I will come back to them if my miles are not credited.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
My first bonus miles for this promo posted today, about 12 days after I completed my first eligible roundtrip.

For YUL-PVG in N-class, I got 14,110 (twice the base miles)
For HKG-YVR in P-class, I got 12,764 (again, twice the base miles).

So it seems that, as others had predicted, the "3X" is really "base miles + twice more" for a TOTAL of 3X the miles. Then you add whatever COS and Altitude bonuses due.

Miles posted as "AIR CANADA Q4 2017 BONUS OFFER" backdated to the day of the related flight.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by gabdusch
My first bonus miles for this promo posted today, about 12 days after I completed my first eligible roundtrip.

So it seems that, as others had predicted, the "3X" is really "base miles + twice more" for a TOTAL of 3X the miles. Then you add whatever COS and Altitude bonuses due.

Miles posted as "AIR CANADA Q4 2017 BONUS OFFER" backdated to the day of the related flight.
Just completed a round trip YVR-TPE in PY and about to ask when I can expect to receive the bonus miles. Sounds like ~2 weeks?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Just completed a round trip YVR-TPE in PY and about to ask when I can expect to receive the bonus miles. Sounds like ~2 weeks?
This has been my experience with this promo, yes.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Received mine over the weekend as well, about 1.5 weeks after the completion of the return flight. I forgot I had registered for it, and so this was a nice surprise.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by gabdusch

Please help me understand.....
The Promo says: 'Earn 3X Bonus Aeroplan Miles'....
And under the T&Cs, it says "Triple Bonus Aeroplan Miles"

If I earn 5,000 base Aeroplan Miles on an N fare, is 'Triple Bonus Aeroplan Miles' not an extra 15,000 Miles????

Nowhere does it state or even imply 'Base + 2X Bonus'

Surely this must be a glitch that you are only getting 2X???
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Plumber
Please help me understand.....
The Promo says: 'Earn 3X Bonus Aeroplan Miles'....
And under the T&Cs, it says "Triple Bonus Aeroplan Miles"

If I earn 5,000 base Aeroplan Miles on an N fare, is 'Triple Bonus Aeroplan Miles' not an extra 15,000 Miles????

Nowhere does it state or even imply 'Base + 2X Bonus'

Surely this must be a glitch that you are only getting 2X???
Well my initial reasoning was similar to yours. Bonus = EXTRA, so it should be 3X MORE miles on whatever base you would earn on a regular basis.

But then someone pointed out that it's 3X the miles, meaning base (1X) + 2X = 3X. Knowing how sneaky these promos can be I figured this made the most sense.

Upon reading the T&Cs again you're right, they do make it sound confusing.

Maybe I should write in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.