Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New Promo: Up to 3X AP Miles on All Flights

New Promo: Up to 3X AP Miles on All Flights

Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Well my initial reasoning was similar to yours. Bonus = EXTRA, so it should be 3X MORE miles on whatever base you would earn on a regular basis.

But then someone pointed out that it's 3X the miles, meaning base (1X) + 2X = 3X. Knowing how sneaky these promos can be I figured this made the most sense.

Upon reading the T&Cs again you're right, they do make it sound confusing.

Maybe I should write in.
I am taking some flights shortly...If I don't get a 3X BONUS, I will definitely be writing in....

In my eyes, it is very clear what they are offering. Nowhere does it say "3X The Miles"!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:05 am

Wanted to add--- how is it supposed to work for Tango?

Base =50% of normal....so 50% BONUS =1/2 of the base...or will they argue it already includes the base. LOL

eg
5,000 Miles on INTL
Tango 50%= 2,500 base Aeroplan Miles
50% Bonus Aeroplan Miles =1,250 Miles
or math wise 2500 * 50%= 1,250

On the promo, they didnt go from 50% (Tango) to 100% (Flex) to 200% (PY and J)
They went from 50%(Tango) to 2x Bonus (Flex) and 3X Bonus(PY and J)
So math wise:
Base =5,000 INTL
Bonus for PY or J = Base *3= 5,000*3= 15,000

This is marketing trickery by using 50%, then 2X and 3X....The marketers forgot about the word BONUS!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Plumber
I am taking some flights shortly...If I don't get a 3X BONUS, I will definitely be writing in....

In my eyes, it is very clear what they are offering. Nowhere does it say "3X The Miles"!
Regarding your last statement, actually they do right here ("Triple Miles"):

But as you noted, it says "Triple Bonus Miles" everywhere else. Clearly they weren't very careful with their language.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
They were careful enough to include the "Offer is subject to change at Air Canada's sole discretion without notice" part of it.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Regarding your last statement, actually they do right here ("Triple Miles"):

But as you noted, it says "Triple Bonus Miles" everywhere else. Clearly they weren't very careful with their language.
Duly noted....But they dont include the word "Aeroplan' in there either....so I just see it as a short form of '"Triple Bonus Aeroplan Miles"
Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:42 pm

Duly noted....But they dont include the word "Aeroplan' in there either....so I just see it as a short form of '"Triple Bonus Aeroplan Miles"
Keep us posted on the outcome if you do decide to write in. I fear that [MENTION=180388]mapleg[/MENTION] may have spotted the most important line:

Originally Posted by mapleg
They were careful enough to include the "Offer is subject to change at Air Canada's sole discretion without notice" part of it.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
Received mine over the weekend as well, about 1.5 weeks after the completion of the return flight. I forgot I had registered for it, and so this was a nice surprise.
The miles I received before were 2x on the outbound, and 2x on the inbound. I noticed last night by balance was higher than I recall and it seems like an extra 1x posted separately with the original dates (so 3x total).

Anyone else have the same experience?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by JordanYVR
The miles I received before were 2x on the outbound, and 2x on the inbound. I noticed last night by balance was higher than I recall and it seems like an extra 1x posted separately with the original dates (so 3x total).

Anyone else have the same experience?
I received 2X on my flights at the end of Nov /Early Dec....so I sent a long email to Aeroplan, who forwarded to AC. It included their own Ts & Cs and screen shots.

I heard back today that they are making an adjustment to be the 3X as promised.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
I received 2X on my flights at the end of Nov /Early Dec....so I sent a long email to Aeroplan, who forwarded to AC. It included their own Ts & Cs and screen shots.

Ok, so now I know who to thank for the extra miles
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:47 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I also called in to complain and they counted my base plus the double so my YVR-ICN-YVR was 5,100 plus my bonus 10,200.

Two days ago they added 2 X 5,100 so now I did receive 3 X the 5,100 ^

For the long haul trips in PY or J it was a sweet deal so 30,600 BONUS AP is nice.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS

A big THANK YOU for doing what I was too lazy to do and taking the time to write in. ^

The missing miles posted this morning in my account.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:38 pm

Like everyone else here, I owe you a big one! Thanks for being a better (or at least less lazy / cynical) person than the rest of us.

Also, Im rather impressed AC/AP decided to systematically credit the additional miles to everyone instead of just giving you an one-off adjustment as appeasement.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Registered, no miles posted to date
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Also, Im rather impressed AC/AP decided to systematically credit the additional miles to everyone instead of just giving you an one-off adjustment as appeasement.
You are welcome, but I would imagine I was not the only one to write in.
​​​​​​​I expected a long explanation as to why my assumptions were incorrect and that it's actially 2X.... but instead I got an apology, an explanation that they made a mistake and a very nice 'thank you' for my business! That was from Air Canada and not Aeroplan.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Anyone have any experience on what happens if you change a flight originally booked and eligible under the promo?

Example...booked a flight that would qualify for mid February. If I change this on line keeping the same booking number but reschedule it for April, which is still within the original dates the promo was good for, will it still attract 3x bonus?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.