FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1870491-air-canada-moving-amadeus-communication-issues-ap-ac-post-migration-result.html)

Nitehawk Jan 10, 2020 10:52 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31933551)
I'm guessing that call times for SEs to the call centre are still over 30 minutes on average?

Called reservations twice yesterday and got through withing 20 seconds.

yyznomad Jan 10, 2020 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk (Post 31933561)
Called reservations twice yesterday and got through withing 20 seconds.

Thanks. That gives me hope that I don't have to wait 40 minutes to an hour again.

canadiancow Jan 10, 2020 11:16 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31933551)
I'm guessing that call times for SEs to the call centre are still over 30 minutes on average?

I've had no wait with Aeroplan, but haven't needed to call res in a while.

ericw Jan 10, 2020 11:40 am

Originally Posted by royal757 (Post 31933512)
UA coded but AC metal

Those never worked for me for adv seat selections.

theBeachBoy Jan 10, 2020 11:51 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31933675)
I've had no wait with Aeroplan, but haven't needed to call res in a while.

Same just called 5 minutes ago. SE line not sure if that changes but quick answer.

I told the lady it must be stressful since the switch and encouraged her . She said she has been 22 years with the old system and it was much more automated but she hopes in a few months the system will improve.

Michilander Jan 10, 2020 1:28 pm

AC nobody here, hoping this is the right thread.

Been trying to book flights for next Sep all afternoon. Probably 6 or 7 tries. Every time, I get to the passenger info page, get it filled out and hit Continue, assuming the payment page is next. However, I get an error message saying the booking cannot be completed and to try later or call reservations. Of course, if I call reservations I, basically, get told 'don't call until you are close to flight time".

So, any hints from you AC pros on tricks I can try? Would it help if I created a Aeroplan account? Or, is this just the Amadeus problem and I just have to tough it out?

Thanks for any suggestions.

eigenvector Jan 10, 2020 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Michilander (Post 31934231)
AC nobody here, hoping this is the right thread.

Been trying to book flights for next Sep all afternoon. Probably 6 or 7 tries. Every time, I get to the passenger info page, get it filled out and hit Continue, assuming the payment page is next. However, I get an error message saying the booking cannot be completed and to try later or call reservations. Of course, if I call reservations I, basically, get told 'don't call until you are close to flight time".

So, any hints from you AC pros on tricks I can try? Would it help if I created a Aeroplan account? Or, is this just the Amadeus problem and I just have to tough it out?

Does this itinerary involve some non-AC flights? I've seen this type of error before where the booking engine is showing outdated partner inventory, at the stage when it tries to actually validate the inventory it can't and errors out.

The fastest solution would probably to try booking the same itinerary on a 3rd party website (Expedia, etc).

24left Jan 10, 2020 1:35 pm

AC nobody here.....

No such thing. :)

......So, any hints from you AC pros on tricks I can try? Would it help if I created a Aeroplan account? Or, is this just the Amadeus problem and I just have to tough it out?....

No idea if having an account would help but if you want to create one to see if being logged in improves your ability to buy from AC.com, please let us know the results.

......So, any hints from you AC pros on tricks I can try? Would it help if I created a Aeroplan account? Or, is this just the Amadeus problem and I just have to tough it out?

A TA perhaps? Unless they charge a fee which might negate the value. Or, OTA?

Michilander Jan 10, 2020 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by eigenvector (Post 31934243)
Does this itinerary involve some non-AC flights? I've seen this type of error before where the booking engine is showing outdated partner inventory, at the stage when it tries to actually validate the inventory it can't and errors out.

The fastest solution would probably to try booking the same itinerary on a 3rd party website (Expedia, etc).

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 31934261)
No such thing. :)

No idea if having an account would help but if you want to create one to see if being logged in improves your ability to buy from AC.com, please let us know the results.

A TA perhaps? Unless they charge a fee which might negate the value. Or, OTA?

Just direct flights PHL-YYZ and return on AC. No TA, trying to book directly though the AC website myself.

aircrashsurvivor Jan 11, 2020 9:22 am

How do you obtain the “priority” phone number for the various altitude members. Understanding of course calling a number for which you don’t have the privilege is Pointless as they will confirm your status I’m sure as other airlines do
is there even a number for P25k 😂😂😂😂

musicmtl Jan 11, 2020 11:29 am

Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor (Post 31937087)
How do you obtain the “priority” phone number for the various altitude members. Understanding of course calling a number for which you don’t have the privilege is Pointless as they will confirm your status I’m sure as other airlines do

Log into the Altitude site, and look under the Priority Contacts menu option. The appropriate number for your level will be there.

yyztozag Jan 11, 2020 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor (Post 31937087)

There is a dedicated number, should be in the package and online.

Stranger Jan 11, 2020 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by yyztozag (Post 31937684)
There is a dedicated number, should be in the package and online.

"In the package" actually translates into "on the back of the card."

theBeachBoy Jan 11, 2020 7:20 pm

Trying it reach concierge now and forever on wait. My flight is less than 24h but tomorrow I tried both "flying today" and not but for both have been on hold for 15+ minutes...

Stranger Jan 11, 2020 9:38 pm

Called both Aeroplan and AC today. Answered right away. What in both cases should have taken at most 10 minutes (pretty routine stuff) in both cases took them over half an hour, putting me on hold etc.