FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1870491-air-canada-moving-amadeus-communication-issues-ap-ac-post-migration-result.html)

D582 Jan 14, 2020 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by wjw (Post 31951575)
Understand why wait times are so long. Such simple problems that for some reason require a call!

I had a booking where one flight time changed by 5 minutes. This suddenly made the booking no longer show the other flights on the itinerary or simply accept the minor flight time change. Also could no longer select a “change flights”, select seats, or eUpgrades.

After a 40 minute hold time and agent just said “one moment” and then “okay refresh the page” and it was solved. Seems crazy I couldn’t just accept this insanely minor change online but had to call in instead.

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31951588)
This is the new norm :td: as it seems like literally all or most of us have already experienced this at least once since the migration.

When a time is changed, the segment status goes from 'HK' (Holds confirmed) to 'TK' (Confirmed, time changed). The website doesn't seem to be built to handle these situations currently.

Fiordland Jan 15, 2020 4:46 am

Originally Posted by D582 (Post 31951804)
When a time is changed, the segment status goes from 'HK' (Holds confirmed) to 'TK' (Confirmed, time changed). The website doesn't seem to be built to handle these situations currently.

Not the only state transition that website does not handle well. Yesterday on an AC YYJ-YVR flight, which is a 10 minute flight. Lot of flights on the west coast delayed and off by hours. We don't handle extreme weather ( e.g. 5 cm of snow) as well as they do in other parts of the country.

About and hour and half after the aircraft touches down in Vancouver, I get an e-mail advising of a delay on the flight. Later on this is followed by another update.

Stranger Jan 15, 2020 8:46 am

You would think that this very issue is a main contributor to the call canter bottleneck and that they would have prioritized fixing it. As we here figured out. But apparently not... Silos.

YSJ8ed Jan 15, 2020 8:08 pm

All bookings changed

Almost all of my upcoming bookings have had changes (except for the ones I made today). I have plans to sit down with a beer (or five) to go through them all with an agent so I might be able to change them online again for a bit - until my next five minute schedule change comes along... Or a Q400 gets switched out for a smaller Dash-8... Or...

D582 Jan 16, 2020 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 31953461)
You would think that this very issue is a main contributor to the call canter bottleneck and that they would have prioritized fixing it. As we here figured out. But apparently not... Silos.

The PNR needs to be actioned to update TK to HK status.They should have a question to the pax to accept the new times, or if not to call AC. If the pax accepts then it should update to HK and go back to normal.

Stranger Jan 16, 2020 2:36 pm

Precisely what the agent told me today. So whenever there was a minor change, calling in is required. For us, four tickets, two each so far.

Good thing that I called too, although these files still kind of looked OK, compared with the previous ones, which only showed the booking reference and seat assignments on aircanada.com, but no schedule whatsoever.

muskoka Jan 16, 2020 4:36 pm

In early December, I had paid for preferred seating on a YYC-YYZ leg and due to an aircraft change, was not seated in preferred. Of course this was right around the time
of the migration. After sending an e-mail through the website, I received a reply with a case # in about 2 days. ( I also noted that the headphone jack
& reading light were non-functional on the A330) Approx 3 weeks later, I received a reply with a nice $150 gift code for the trouble, but no mention of the $53.50 refund.
Emailed back and received a reply from the same CS agent saying she would bug the refund dept again. That was 2 weeks ago. I would phone, but I don't want to stay on hold
for 3 hours as I have no status. 1 month now and still waiting...…..
BTW I booked a United flight via BMO World Elite, and I wanted to upgrade a leg to First class. I called United yesterday (I have no status) - picked up on FIRST RING, and
the agent completed the transaction in under 5 minutes. :)

Stranger Jan 16, 2020 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by D582 (Post 31959140)
The PNR needs to be actioned to update TK to HK status.They should have a question to the pax to accept the new times, or if not to call AC. If the pax accepts then it should update to HK and go back to normal.

Only option given is to call. However since the remainder is still the same, including flight numbers and seat assignments, it's not so clear: everything look fine.

BTW prior to migration, the thing happened automatically at some point. And today agent said something to the effect that they are working on it. Slowly, I guess...

canadiancow Jan 17, 2020 1:20 pm

I had two Aeroplan bookings with minor schedule changes, so I called Aeroplan, got through immediately, explained the issue, gave her the references, and she put me on hold.

A few minutes later, I had a notification that something had changed on the first booking (yay).
The second one took quite a bit longer.

Total call time 26 minutes, but the vast majority was after she'd put me on hold to fix the bookings.

whereiswaldo Jan 18, 2020 3:47 pm

Any advice on the following situation? US-Canada-US ticket booked a while ago, ticket was transitioned to Amadeus. Shows with new reservation number, so far so good. But I need to make changes to the ticket (not a cheap business class ticket, and changes get more expensive the closer the flight is coming up).

Flight time changed a wee bit. Online access to the ticket locked up in my Aeroplan account (no AC status) with a note to call customer service. This has been impossible. I was outright hung up on: "we are too busy and cannot take calls right now - click". Tried to call at midnight PST - two hours+ hold time. That does not help at any rate because sometime down the line - click.

How does one get a hold of AC?

canadiancow Jan 18, 2020 5:55 pm

I thought y'all were crazy, but I just made a FP booking, and sure enough... "Vegetarian Asian / Hindu meal".

Now I have to call and have that removed.

I also can't seem to select a seat as a SE in full Y for a flight in 90 days.

nomadic.relief Jan 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31967360)
I thought y'all were crazy, but I just made a FP booking, and sure enough... "Vegetarian Asian / Hindu meal".

I am not 100% sure you have to call in, as I said Dec flight was normal. Didn't notice it at the time of booking (post piano bar), on board there was no mention. I have a flight again next Sat on same pass, but Jazz flight. Cannot be bothered to waste time on hold, so I'll wing it and update the outcome here.

Adam Smith Jan 19, 2020 7:25 am

Originally Posted by whereiswaldo (Post 31967041)
Any advice on the following situation?

[...]

How does one get a hold of AC?

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

You can try social media (Twitter DM has been reported to work well for many here), but whether they can actually change flights/dates for you, I'm not sure - people have generally used them to do simple things like seat selection.

You may have better luck phoning AC early in the morning or late at night (Eastern time).

I forgot to mention the other day that I could corroborate nomadic.relief's post, I had the same thing when booking through the FP app the other day.

Also can't select seats.

How did you book? I've been finding it impossible to book or change via the app or online for several days. Have they got it working again, or did you call in?

Cozmo456 Jan 19, 2020 8:22 am

They know your FT handle and want to prevent cows from eating cows.

Nitehawk Jan 20, 2020 10:21 am

This is really interesting. My FP also gives me vegetarian hindu meals by default, I've called in 3x to have it changed, I've been told it's a option I selected at purchase and it's unchangeable.

I've also called to remove the request for some flights. But when I forget I haven't been offered a SPML.