FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1870491-air-canada-moving-amadeus-communication-issues-ap-ac-post-migration-result.html)

avgeek9995 Jan 9, 2020 6:59 am

Air Canada Reservation Name Incorrect

My family and I booked flights with Air Canada before the reservation system change and our names were fine. When i logged in to check our booking after the change over, our names are now like "FirstnameMRS Last name". Has anyone else experienced this and know if it will be a problem? Tried messaging them on Social media but no response.

Thanks!

Often1 Jan 9, 2020 7:02 am

A non issue. Leave it alone.

Mr. John Q. Snith will show up as SMITHMR JOHNQ and it still meets IATA standard. A problem if Mr. John Q. Smith shows up as Dr. Jane Jones.

yyznomad Jan 9, 2020 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by avgeek9995 (Post 31928051)
My family and I booked flights with Air Canada before the reservation system change and our names were fine. When i logged in to check our booking after the change over, our names are now like "FirstnameMRS Last name". Has anyone else experienced this and know if it will be a problem? Tried messaging them on Social media but no response.

Thanks!

Yes, others have said the same thing here since the migration. It's not an issue. Mine appeared like that as well post migration and I've flown all of my post-migration flights (about 30) without issues.

ericw Jan 9, 2020 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31929419)
Yes, others have said the same thing here since the migration. It's not an issue. Mine appeared like that as well post migration and I've flown all of my post-migration flights (about 30) without issues.

It should be fine for flying. But I suspect it matters for status "name matching".
A few AP tickets of mine now show Ericmr W and checkmytrip.com will only take Ericmr, not Eric. when adding using the PNR.

yyznomad Jan 9, 2020 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by ericw (Post 31929935)
It should be fine for flying. But I suspect it matters for status "name matching".
A few AP tickets of mine now show Ericmr W and checkmytrip.com will only take Ericmr, not Eric. when adding using the PNR.

I should also add that I've had no issues post-migration with AP reward flights already flown... so perhaps you could be correct, but I certainly haven't had such issues.

ericw Jan 9, 2020 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 31929971)
I should also add that I've had no issues post-migration with AP reward flights already flown... so perhaps you could be correct, but I certainly haven't had such issues.

Admittedly it is possible that my AP reservations weren't converted the same way during the sweep. I had all my pre-migration AP reservations' FFP changed to TK (AP# deleted on ticketing and SAX screens and TK# added in OAL info section) - it is possible that AC's IT team treated those as "3rd party agent bookings" instead of AP booking.

ericw Jan 9, 2020 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by royal757 (Post 31923990)
Booked a AC metal flight on UA stock ticket. On the record locator on AC's website it shows FLEX and G class, and it defaults the website to Japanese (why? I have never been there, nor do I speak Japanese).

When I go to select seats, it asks me to pay and there are no free seats (which there should be a on a flex ticket). I called in and they said they don't view the ticket as "flex" but rather as "-" yes you read that right. After an hour on the phone with an agent for a free seat I gave up, as she pointed me to call UA for a free seat assignment (we all know this won't help).

Is it UA coded or AC coded? I never had luck choosing seats in advance when it is a UA codeshare. AC coded usually works tho except for occasional Express flights.

Davvidd Jan 10, 2020 3:43 am

I am unable to reserve a seat online. I have been trying for a very long time. The red aircraft goes round and round in circles.

jasdou Jan 10, 2020 6:11 am

I was able to reach an agent on the E75K line in seconds last night at around 19:00 EST. Got a very helpful and knowledgeable agent who sorted out my situation within a few minutes. When we were done, I asked about how things were going with Amadeus. He seemed surprised that I was aware of it but commented that they were slowly working out the bugs and that things were looking much brighter now. There is hope.

aubreyfromwheaton Jan 10, 2020 8:37 am

Amadeus Amadeus, rock me Amadeus...Yankee booking a ticket at the airport

Hi,

Suffering as a no status Yankee .... can't get through to AC on the phone.

I need to buy a ticket for a family friend who is a minor to travel with us. The itinerary is Small Canadian airport - Big Canadian airport - Caribbean - Big Canadian airport - Small Caribbean airport.

The kid's mom acts wealthy. She can't be troubled to figure out how to book it. She outsourced this task to her travel agent who said AC would force the unaccompanied minor fee because we didn't give him the reservation number of our existing tickets to link to. (I would have had he called us, I just didn't want to email it to him). He said even if we had given it to him, he would have given up trying because of the wait time quoted as beyond an hour. So he told her to tell us to book the ticket and they would reimburse us.

So, given that I can't get through... let's say I drive to this Small Canadian airport... will the agents be able to book this for me?

What if I go to AC desk at my major US airport near me and figure out when the staff will actually be there at the counter... will they be able to book this for me?

Lastly, will there be an unaccompanied minor fee? I don't think there has been one in the past in this situation?

I'm also kind of irritated because when I originally wanted to book, the fare was much lower, but AC wouldn't take my call at all. What a disaster of airline service!

(yes i know i would be going above and beyond... but the kid is a good kid, and will make the dynamics and fun of the trip better for everyone)

Stranger Jan 10, 2020 9:03 am

Not sure how mny instances I have dealt with, where the agent did not know how to do simple things and had to ask for help. Just last night, for example, paying for an UM fee took half an hour on the phone. Silos...

YXUFlyboy Jan 10, 2020 9:07 am

Originally Posted by jasdou (Post 31932362)
I I asked about how things were going with Amadeus. He seemed surprised that I was aware of it .

How could you not? Have they tried calling their own reservation line? LOL!

Stranger Jan 10, 2020 9:26 am

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy (Post 31933033)
Have they tried calling their own reservation line? LOL!

Likely not.

I dealt with Aeroplan yesterday, but the last step was to be done with AC. So they were transferring me. I asked if it would not be better that I call the priority line. They said, when transferring, "we have our priority line too." After five minutes waiting, I hiung up and called the SA line which answered right away...

royal757 Jan 10, 2020 10:41 am

Originally Posted by ericw (Post 31930578)
Is it UA coded or AC coded? I never had luck choosing seats in advance when it is a UA codeshare. AC coded usually works tho except for occasional Express flights.

UA coded but AC metal

yyznomad Jan 10, 2020 10:51 am

I'm guessing that call times for SEs to the call centre are still over 30 minutes on average?