Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Even the YYZ International PP lounge? That one is tiny and has always been over crowded whenever I've been in there...
That one is the exception.
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Spoke with a Lounge rep at the YYZ MLL who said the new lounge is to be on the 3rd floor by Gate 77. Due to open on Dec 01. Will be for full J and VIP by invitation only; no guest, no SuperElites. "Very Exclusive" was her wording.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Spoke with a Lounge rep at the YYZ MLL who said the new lounge is to be on the 3rd floor by Gate 77. Due to open on Dec 01. Will be for full J and VIP by invitation only; no guest, no SuperElites. "Very Exclusive" was her wording.
Define full J? Actual paid fully fleixible J? No ZDP? That's like S7. I can't see it being used much, a bit like AIs F lounge. Empty 90% of the time.

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
So P fare wont even make the cut?
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
That contradicts what I've been told.

Specifically the "full J".
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Pretty sure full J means "paid J" and refers to the cabin, not the fare class. If that's the case, then it's quite similar to the access rules for Polaris, assuming that they'll also allow *Alliance in J as well.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
Pretty sure full J means "paid J" and refers to the cabin, not the fare class. If that's the case, then it's quite similar to the access rules for Polaris, assuming that they'll also allow *Alliance in J as well.
That is what I'd expect it to mean, but it could suggest different handling of I/R classes.

I have not asked or heard anything about that distinction.

I'll a little surprised if they don't allow Super Elites. It's not like UA 1K where a foreign address means you can get it for free. You still need to spend a considerable amount of money.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:29 pm

I guess what makes me wonder is how this will work with upgrades. eUps don't entitle one to MLL access but AC can't handle that technically so they tend to get in. LMU and Bids are often the same a a buy up to P, sometimes less, sometimes more. Are they going to be allowed in?

I wonder if AC knows any of this yet
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:50 pm

You wonder if AC knows how to handle a situation that people are speculating about based on the rumblings of a few employees?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You wonder if AC knows how to handle a situation that people are speculating about based on the rumblings of a few employees?
I wonder if AC has yet determined entry requirements.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jc94
I guess what makes me wonder is how this will work with upgrades. eUps don't entitle one to MLL access but AC can't handle that technically so they tend to get in. LMU and Bids are often the same a a buy up to P, sometimes less, sometimes more. Are they going to be allowed in?

I wonder if AC knows any of this yet
Yes, it's very rare for eUps not to get MLL access (if they're P25K, or non-status) but I've seen it happen.

LMU / bids give you full J perks, except that for LMUs meals aren't guaranteed.

I don't have an issue with SEs not getting access if they're not in J, provided the lounge is materially nicer.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:01 pm

Yes, it's very rare for eUps not to get MLL access (if they're P25K, or non-status) but I've seen it happen.

LMU / bids give you full J perks, except that for LMUs meals aren't guaranteed.
LMUs put you in R class, no? So it would look VERY similar to an eUpgrade.

I don't have an issue with SEs not getting access if they're not in J, provided the lounge is materially nicer.
It's not going to impact me, it would just surprise me.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:16 pm

LMUs put you in R class, no? So it would look VERY similar to an eUpgrade.

It's not going to impact me, it would just surprise me.
Depends what Aeroplan Business looks like. That's I right, not JZDP.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:32 pm

But does that mean an Aeroplan-issued I class ticket won't get you in? Or just if it's on AC metal?

What about BR issued BR operated I class?

When you start playing with fare classes, things get really complicated really quickly.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:19 pm

But does that mean an Aeroplan-issued I class ticket won't get you in? Or just if it's on AC metal?

What about BR issued BR operated I class?

When you start playing with fare classes, things get really complicated really quickly.
Hence why I don't think AC actually have it ironed out yet. And knowing AC, it won't even be known when it does open. All we know for sure is, the agents are the airport will be correct even if they say different to the official policy. I see much thread resurrection ahead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.