Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow

"Design for the load" becomes an issue though. They took all the space they could get, and it wasn't enough.
That may be true for YYZ INTIL SSL (begging the question of how hard they thought about it, were prepared to spend on solutions), but their operating theory, goals for other SSLs, J meal loading, etc, should be that J is J.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: *$ Green
We all know J is J.

But is I J? Is R J?
Argonaut1000 and canadiancow like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
[QUOTE=canadiancow;31153982]Agreed-ish. Cocktail, appetizer, dinner with wine, dessert...

"Bone Polishers..." I like that! WTH did that come from...?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by pappypappy
On the off-chance anyone from AC frequents the thread, I'll petition again for SEs on paid tickets to be allowed a guest travelling on points in J. It's a little silly to talk about overcrowding given that if I did come in alone (to call divorce lawyers perhaps) then I would still be taking up a table for dinner - sitting across from an empty seat.

An alternative might be sorting out the YYZ INT lounge so it's not such a zoo. But that seems unlikely...
I would say, a slight improvement in the regular lounge would take some pressure off the 'want' to get into the SSL.

Something as simply as fresh eggs in the AM, upgraded food/buffet in the afternoon. The intl MLL is quite disappointing, especially in the morning when it comes to food.

They did have an omelette station at the YYC MLL for a day and a half and even YVR MLL has a chef with the pasta. There are ways of making it better without adding crowds to the SS
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly

"Bone Polishers..." I like that! WTH did that come from...?
Simpsons:
https://media.giphy.com/media/26tk0e...mVI4/giphy.gif
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Thank you for that but I'm searching for the connection with our illustrious Signature Suite. I know that my last visit was late at night but I did not see THAT service being offered......
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by lcohen999
I would say, a slight improvement in the regular lounge would take some pressure off the 'want' to get into the SSL.

Something as simply as fresh eggs in the AM, upgraded food/buffet in the afternoon. The intl MLL is quite disappointing, especially in the morning when it comes to food.

They did have an omelette station at the YYC MLL for a day and a half and even YVR MLL has a chef with the pasta. There are ways of making it better without adding crowds to the SS
Raises an interesting question, I wonder what will happen to the YVR Intl MLL when they get a SSL. YYZ obviously has some of the worst (AC) lounges (for a major outstation, so I'm not comparing it to say YYT/YHZ). I don't know what could convince AC to improve the YYZ (Intl especially) MLL when one assume it's mainly frequented by people who aren't paying for J. Be that R/I or those in (P)Y w / *G status. Or those willing to pay $25/$50.
pappypappy likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:52 am

Per me, I is J cabin but not J booking class, same with R.
Argonaut1000 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by lcohen999

Having to use the awful MLL is a big part of it yes. And talking up points as being a good way to get J and then saying "Ah, but it's not quite actually J, even travelling with an SE on a paid ticket" is both annoying and self-defeating if the idea is to make people buy more AC J.

There is no chance they will fix the MLL given it's (as has been said) mainly full of CC/$15/"MLL Membership" people. Which is fine, I certainly enjoyed it plenty on lower fares and E-values, but when it's literally nicer to sit on the concourse it hardly improves a J fare.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I will finally have access given a P booking - YVR-YYZ-CPH

I have a long stopover. My usual pattern at YYZ is to go landside when inbound from YVR and smoke my face off. I usually stay landside until it is absolutely necessary to go through security.

Question is this - how long do I need to fully enjoy the SSL?

Also, should I let the concierge know that I don't need the car since I'm going landside, or should I leave it alone since with their track record they're unlikely to be there with a car for me anyway?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by 9WJAI
Per me, I is J cabin but not J booking class, same with R.
Agree with this.

If I’m travelling with the wife booked in I or R should be permitted if I’m in J (ok - P or Z,D,C)
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Not sure how this is reciprocal with AC passengers getting Polaris Lounge access when connecting in EWR/SFO etc; Polaris allows any biz cabin fare incl partner flights and awards.

Also note AA Flagship allows same + prem transcons..
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope

I have a long stopover. My usual pattern at YYZ is to go landside when inbound from YVR and smoke my face off. I usually stay landside until it is absolutely necessary to go through security.

Also, should I let the concierge know that I don't need the car since I'm going landside, or should I leave it alone since with their track record they're unlikely to be there with a car for me anyway?
Do you want to relax with a cocktail, then have a three course dinner? Or do you just want a glass of champagne?

I wouldn't expect to enjoy 3+ hours, but I've done everything from 20 minutes to 8 hours, and ~2 is generally pretty good.

Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
Not sure how this is reciprocal with AC passengers getting Polaris Lounge access when connecting in EWR/SFO etc; Polaris allows any biz cabin fare incl partner flights and awards.

Also note AA Flagship allows same + prem transcons..
It's unfortunately heavily dictated by space constraints. The evening bank of European departures fills the lounge. If they let in LH J, they'd have to kick out some of their own passengers.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma

It’s very pleasant and a nice way to start a flight. Also, quieter than the international MML. I was in the SSL recently and there’s a new menu. Meal was great. They also had chicken sliders in the self serve area. A bit messy but good. You can eat from the menu in the “dining room” and/or the self serve area. No one objected to me bringing a slider to the dining room. The meal on board was pretty bad so very glad I had the SSL.

As to timing — how much champagne do you want to drink? It’s cold, unlike on-board and served in proper champagne glasses.

I think their benchmark is 45 min in/out. Stay longer and enjoy the food. Who wants to be watching the clock when trying to eat a nice meal?

Fyi, the gates for transatlantic flights are very nearby so minimum time for getting to Z1. Bon appétit.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP

I find an hour and a half to be a good amount of time....though an hour would also suffice.

As for notifying the Concierge that you dont need a ride, I did that last time (by email) , but was met anyways with the car. I declined the ride and walked to the terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.