Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan email address?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2002, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Aeroplan email address?

Hi,

does anyone have an aeroplan email address which aeroplan actually respond to?

Hope u can help.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
emailing Aeroplan is a benefit of SuperElite status, and the only known address other than what may be provided on the Aeroplan web site as a contact, is made available only to us directly to the SE desk. You might want to check the errorplan.com web site which may have some email addresses for contacting AC.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 11:13 pm
At Large

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
emailing Aeroplan is a benefit of SuperElite status, and the only known address other than what may be provided on the Aeroplan web site as a contact, is made available only to us directly to the SE desk. You might want to check the errorplan.com web site which may have some email addresses for contacting AC.</font>
There is a fax number for us poor elites on the back of the aeroplan card.Of course we are not smart enough to have the email capability.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
You know, for the many years when I was an Elite or CP Gold, I found the fax more than adequate to get correspondence to the service centre. Even the telephone worked fine for me, as did Canada Post. This fixation on email is an absurdity which merely serves to overload service centres with messages that delay the processing of other work. The word is BENEFIT, and an email address, like an unlisted phone number, is a beneift that comes with the territory.

If you have access to email, you have access to word processing software, a printer and a sheet of paper. One can write a real letter, print it out, and fax or mail it off to the service centre indicated on the back of your card.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 5:05 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
You know, for the many years when I was an Elite or CP Gold, I found the fax more than adequate to get correspondence to the service centre. Even the telephone worked fine for me, as did Canada Post. This fixation on email is an absurdity which merely serves to overload service centres with messages that delay the processing of other work. The word is BENEFIT, and an email address, like an unlisted phone number, is a beneift that comes with the territory.

If you have access to email, you have access to word processing software, a printer and a sheet of paper. One can write a real letter, print it out, and fax or mail it off to the service centre indicated on the back of your card.
</font>
I have a laptop but don't have access to a printer
Old Jul 9, 2002, 5:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Email access was available to all Aeroplan members, until the end of last year. As an Elite member, I did email Aeroplan frequently enough, and did get answers from them.

When I went on an around the world trip a few months ago, I went on Lufthansa and on Singapore Airlines. Both airlines offer a general email contact address, for all customers - I asked them general questions related to Aeroplan benefits vis a vis their airlines - I received prompt answers. I have also received similar answers from United's Mileage Plus email contact address, in the past.

I do not understand why at least these 3 Star Alliance airlines (if not others) do offer email contact (for general customer service, if not for their frequent flyer plan as well) email access for all customers, while Air Canada does not offer this service for customer service, and discontinued (without any notice I might add) this service for Aeroplan customers (except for SE customers) at the end of last year.

I did like CP - it did offer both an email contact address for customer service, and for its FF plan.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 10:57 am
exAC

From LUV, which everyone says treats the customer right:

===============
Can I send e-mail to Southwest Airlines?
Call us traditional, but we elect to steer clear of the chat-style, respond-on-demand, quick casual format and focus on meaningful Customer dialogue. This is not because we don't care. It's because that style counters our 30 plus year commitment to Customer Service......

Old Jul 9, 2002, 2:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I think you're missing the point here Shareholder, they don't reply to their faxes and an e-mail to the MLL desk took 3 months to reply to so how should we as frequent flyers expect to get answers? Tell me please!

I called UA Premier desk yesterday about my upcoming award travel and guess what? They answered the phone on the first ring and were able to assist me within 1 minute. Is that too much to ask from an airline (especially if it's as good as it says it is all the time).
Old Jul 9, 2002, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

For an Aussie who wants to get some answers, I don't feel it is reasonable for Aeroplan to:

1. not respond to emails / not provide a relevant email
2. have to pay the cost of calling overseas to get some simple help. I can udnerstand if this is someone like Varig, etc, but for an airline which flies into Australia they should at least have a contact number from Australia directly to the Aeroplan desk
3. Air Canada Australia do not handle in depth aeroplan enquiries.
4. The cost of faxing/mailing is higher from Australia.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 5:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I agree with the last person who posted the message - in particular - AC should provide a toll-free (free phone) number (for basic Aeroplan members) from any country that if flies to, as well as any country that it does not fly into, but which provides a significant customer base (are there any such countries in Europe, Asia, New Zealand?)? How does AC compare to other US or other international airlines, in this area?

In this day and age, if AC or Aeroplan can not provide a toll-free phone or fax number, than it should provide an email address - would that not be more economical for AC/Aeroplan - than providing such toll-free numbers?

[This message has been edited by FlyerGoldII (edited 07-09-2002).]
Old Jul 9, 2002, 5:38 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

One of the main problem is they already don't have enough people answering the phones resulting in long waits, who's going to answer the emails if they provide an address for everyone?

I think the problem is bigger than simply not answering emails. They're probably short staffed in every single department...

Time to hire some more people or recall some of the laid off staffs (if they haven't already been recalled).
Old Jul 9, 2002, 6:14 pm
exAC

The number of people working in Aeroplan is a lot higher than you might think. The last figure I heard for the Vancouver office was 900. Then there is also the office in Montreal and other call centres handling AE queries.

Old Jul 9, 2002, 6:26 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Well... that doesn't mean it's enough with so many people trying to call them each day.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Maybe the problem is the people staffing the Aeroplan desk aren't trained properly and take far too long to answer a simple request. I know I have had to call back 3 or 4 times in the past just to get an agent who understood the rules.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 9:39 pm

All customers can now email Aeroplan, via its web site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.