Search

YYZ-CUN - SE on points July 24

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
J3 C3 D1 Z0 P0 R3 Y4 B3 M3 U3 H3 Q2 V1 W0 G0 S0 T0 L0 A0 K0

Looks like a few folks have found a way to upgrade (LMU, e-UP, etc.). What did the OP decide.
--
13F
Those numbers don't tell you much.

July 23 AC 739 YYZ-SFO is J6 Y9.

There are 12 open seats in J and Y is full, per the upgrade list.

As you get closer to departure, I would expect the willingness to oversell to decrease, so I would expect numbers to drop down.

There are also some RM "shenanigans" (they believe it makes sense, but I'm not sure I do) that result in things like 739 tomorrow where they're only willing to sell half the available J seats, even though they're selling tons of Y.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: AC MM+
YHZ-CUN and back trip this April with my family. Y was full and AC no longer selling any seats a week out. The seat map in J showed all seats available but J0C0D0R)etc.

What happened, both ways, AC staff(mechanics, HR etc) that is Halifax based had booked almost all seats. The concierge told me after that they book in a different system so the seat map or availability reflected to anybody but them, even reservations, is different.
Does any of this man sense? First time and only time that I see this.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:09 am
RZR
Original Poster

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Those numbers don't tell you much.

July 23 AC 739 YYZ-SFO is J6 Y9.

There are 12 open seats in J and Y is full, per the upgrade list.

As you get closer to departure, I would expect the willingness to oversell to decrease, so I would expect numbers to drop down.

There are also some RM "shenanigans" (they believe it makes sense, but I'm not sure I do) that result in things like 739 tomorrow where they're only willing to sell half the available J seats, even though they're selling tons of Y.
Ended up booking the seats for 26th in J. Bad use of points , but , I've got a bunch of Aeropesos. Still don't like the feeling of not extracting maximum value of points....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.