Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYZ AC Delays - Runway Construction - April 7 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ AC Delays - Runway Construction - April 7 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: AC
Mostly everyone with connections on Rapidair flights out of YUL are being rerouted non-stop or via other destinations.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by alexdelzotto
Mostly everyone with connections on Rapidair flights out of YUL are being rerouted non-stop or via other destinations.
Evidence?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Some extras coming up:

Attached Images  
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
Evidence?
I work for AC, If we know in advance that the flight will have to stay at the gate until a wheels up time, we'll try and re route.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I work for AC, If we know in advance that the flight will have to stay at the gate until a wheels up time, we'll try and re route.
We caught one here bois and girls.

Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Well at the risk of shooting the messenger (please believe that is not my intent) why, when AC knows this in advance, will AC not update the public schedule to show the schedule impact? I post this while sitting on a plane on the ground that left the gate an hour ago, and still shows as being on time from various sources including the AC website. The flight isn't even an hour long! There is a big big disconnect between what some people at AC (like yourself) try to do and what others are willing to communicate.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
We caught one here bois and girls.

i have no idea what that is.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by ridefar
Well at the risk of shooting the messenger (please believe that is not my intent) why, when AC knows this in advance, will AC not update the public schedule to show the schedule impact? I post this while sitting on a plane on the ground that left the gate an hour ago, and still shows as being on time from various sources including the AC website. The flight isn't even an hour long! There is a big big disconnect between what some people at AC (like yourself) try to do and what others are willing to communicate.
I understand but unfortunately, I don't make these decisions. I do believe a goodwill policy for this "runway construction" would really help out. I'd like to point out also that we don't always know, what goes on with ATC after the plane leave the gate is out of our control and it's not as simple a bringing the plane back to the gate, offloading people and removing bags.

Last edited by alexdelzotto; Apr 10, 2017 at 2:05 pm
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:01 pm
alc

i have no idea what that is.
I think all Jack want to say is that "AC" is watching this forum, as we all kind of state this here and there. Not sure if Alex job is really to "monitor" us, but I would say I will welcome AC personnel here to give us their point of view (i.e. step into their shoes)

Now, back to the topic of this thread. My flight tonight got cancel currently holding a GTE BP on a Dash-8. Let's hope they find a Q400 for us. Agent on the phone said I have a confirmed seat while she can't assigned me a seat as it is block at the time.

I did try to change to an earlier flight this morning knowing this might happen, but the agent unwilling to waive the fee even thought he said he know well what is going on with the runway.

Let's just hope my Thursday early evening flight will not cancel and force me to stay overnight again.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:04 pm

I understand but unfortunately, I don't make these decisions. I do believe a goodwill policy for this "runway construction" would really help out. I'd like to point out also that we don't always know, what goes on with ATC after the plane leave the gate is out of our control and it's not as simple a bringing the plane back to the gate, offloading people and removing bags.
Thanks, I appreciate the perspective.

(That should be sufficiently to cause Ben to fall out of his chair, at least.)
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:46 pm

....why, when AC knows this in advance, will AC not update the public schedule to show the schedule impact? ....
Use your Crystal-ball and tell us exactly which flights will be affected three weeks from now and how much of a delay they will experience.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by upgradesecret
Use your Crystal-ball and tell us exactly which flights will be affected three weeks from now and how much of a delay they will experience.
Since you asked.

Before we boarded the gate attendant said there would be a delay before take off.

The AC website showed flight on time.

After boarding we pushed back and the engines shut off.

For 5 minutes after shutoff, we showed as on sched. Then, about 5 minutes after shutoff the AC website, for 10 min, showed 1 hr 20 minute delay. After 10 minutes it went back to showing on time. It showed on time for the entire time, even after our scheduled arrival. Yes, still sitting on the tarmac at origin, engines off. 1 hr and 20 minutes after pushback the engines fired up and off we went.

I couldn't check in air (no wifi on this flight) but on landing it was finally accurate.

I am not sure what about that you think is AC doing the right thing, nor am I sure where you got the 3 weeks from. There are lots of situations where AC scheduling knows about delays, from 3 seconds to several hours in advance, and continues to show the flight on time. It is a bull(*it practice. Beyond that, it means that customers can't pursue simple alternatives easily. Which I choose to take as: we would rather make your life difficult than be honest.

YMMV.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:24 pm

Which I choose to take as: we would rather make your life difficult than be honest.

I support this statement and have been saying it (to myself and a few others) for years.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
But this behaviour is not exclusive to YYZ runway issues. I routinely see the incoming aircraft not yet arrived at MCO and yet the gate display board will be flashing "final call" and the on-time departure time still showing. There is seemingly no sense that passengers will accept a bit of bad news if it is honest and halfway accurate. They peddle lies after lies.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:22 pm
SYM

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
We were probably on the same flight, johnston21 - 8652? I got lucky and sprinted from the turboprop areas to my gate and made it (you may have seen me sprinting if you deplaned quickly enough). It was chaos at Pearson yesterday. Huge delays, cancelled flights, 12+ planes queued at the runways.
YXUFlyboy/Johnston21 - What time did 8652 arrive at the gate? I was the guy at YXU trying to organize cabs to Pearson. We made it at 20:03, which meant I had enough time to grab a quick bite in the lounge and still catch my 20:55 flight (on which I was op-upped!)
AC.com says you got to the gate at 20:28 - if that is accurate, then I made the right call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.