Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Met along the way; travel encounters with other Air Canada forum members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Met along the way; travel encounters with other Air Canada forum members

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by codfather
What if Grandbend was actually created by AC to prevent cow from winning the contest?

Drama ooof
Scan through the MM Roll Call thread. He posted within the last two weeks about someone crossing the threshold. That's as much hint I will give you while not outing him without his permission.
codfather likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite & Aeroplan 50K
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Clearly meant in jest since a casual examination of AC's recent IT handiwork would negate that even as a fantasy.
Hahahaha of course I am joking! Grandbend is a legend in the EYW circles!
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
On yesterday’s Q400:hop from YYC to YEG I saw my first yellow FlyerTalk bag tag. During the walk across the tarmac in YEG I asked the holder if they were doing EYW and indeed they were.

Very quick introductions were done but unfortunately in the hustle and bustle of my car rental pickup I forget the FTer’s name. As fate would have it, I met the same FTer walking back across the tarmac again this morning in YEG but that didn’t help me with name recognition. <insert face palm emoji>

This would be my first random ‘met along the way’. Note to self, next time work harder to remember the name of the person you just met.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Sitting in the cafe this morning as I was munching on some snacks, I see this shady AF trolling character walk in and stand at the large table across from where I was seated. I don't think much of it until he whispers my name... I look up and give a good look, and the fartlicker troll is none other than Sean Peever

The SOB didn't bring my mail with him. What's up with that.

All kidding aside, it was nice to see him and chat before I had to hop onto my flight. ^
ffsim and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Sitting in the cafe this morning as I was munching on some snacks, I see this shady AF trolling character walk in and stand at the large table across from where I was seated. I don't think much of it until he whispers my name... I look up and give a good look, and the fartlicker troll is none other than Sean Peever

The SOB didn't bring my mail with him. What's up with that.

All kidding aside, it was nice to see him and chat before I had to hop onto my flight. ^

For what it’s worth, I was just as surprised to see you too. I almost didn't even go to the cafe, to be honest. Very glad I did. Had I known you would be around, I would have checked if you had mail.

Ps: thanks for the corner spot!
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:52 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The guy sitting next to me on the plane tonight was definitely browsing FT at times. Seemed like a decent guy, albeit somewhat FOTSG. I didn't ask his name, but maybe I'll bump in to him again at some point.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
With 24left in the cafe for some juice and coffee. Even got served by her!
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
With 24left in the cafe for some juice and coffee. Even got served by her!
looks like I just missed you two
Old Dec 25, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Ran into cedric at the YVR Dom MLL yesterday. I was fresh off AC18, and he was about to takeoff on ac118. Those yellow FT tags sure help. Maybe I should get one.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Ran into cedric at the YVR Dom MLL yesterday. I was fresh off AC18, and he was about to takeoff on ac118. Those yellow FT tags sure help. Maybe I should get one.
Didn't you recently allude to that your chances of randomly running into another FTer anytime soon was next to nil?
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The guy sitting next to me on the plane tonight was definitely browsing FT at times. Seemed like a decent guy, albeit somewhat FOTSG. I didn't ask his name, but maybe I'll bump in to him again at some point.
Guy next me on the plane was watching me post on FT. Seemed like a decent guy, albeit somewhat DYKWIA.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dec 30

Bumped into cooleddie in the YVR Dom MLL... well, it was sooner than that (at security), but he didn't say anything to me and I didn't realize it was him
We also happened to be on the same flight.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
I'm a bit late posting this but I had a nice chat with Livyer at YYT after noticing his yellow FT tag on Tuesday morning. It was nice meeting you, I hope you made your connections!
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite & Aeroplan 50K
Ran into RangerNS in the YHZ MLL today. Saw the Gimli Glider tag on his bag when he was walking in, I knew it had to be an FTer.
Bohemian1 and RangerNS like this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:13 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by codfather
Ran into RangerNS in the YHZ MLL today. Saw the Gimli Glider tag on his bag when he was walking in, I knew it had to be an FTer.
Sharp eyes.

The only person who has ever commented on mine was an AC Captain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.