Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Met along the way; travel encounters with other Air Canada forum members

Old Jan 29, 17, 9:27 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL

I saw "folkart" (FT handle) on the Rouge flight to PHX from YYC Friday!^

Sitting across the aisle from one another in the J cabin. Had another good chat. Hope to see you at a "celebrity":-: FT do in YYC along the way. Enjoy the Gem and Mineral show in Tucson!
Old Jan 29, 17, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber View Post

Sitting across the aisle from one another in the J cabin. Had another good chat. Hope to see you at a "celebrity":-: FT do in YYC along the way. Enjoy the Gem and Mineral show in Tucson!
PHX seemed to be a popular destination for many here on Friday.
Old Jan 29, 17, 11:08 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
It is a beautiful sunny day here today.
Old Jan 29, 17, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life View Post
I'm sure it is! Always enjoy my time the.

Really annoyed I couldn't make it out this time.

Must be many Canadian 3MM celebrities in PHX as I type this.
Old Jan 29, 17, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
It is quite nice.
Old Jan 30, 17, 9:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus

Great meeting you again too! My favorite person to talk with at Calgary FT events.
Old Jan 30, 17, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite

And I am sitting beside him on the return.
Old Jan 30, 17, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

Please note that these posts have been carved out of the celebrity spotters thread after consulting with BlondeBomber as while I'm sure some members qualify for that status having a dedicated thread to recognize AC forum FTers we encounter in our travels is worthy of its own thread.

Regards,

tcook052
Ac forum moderator

PS if anyone wants to suggest a better thread title please drop me a PM.
Old Jan 30, 17, 10:04 pm

Programs: E50K
Over the past few years I have asked several people I thought might qualify as FTers (sitting in J, seemed to know what they were doing) if they were on Flyer Talk. So far, I'm batting .000. But that guy in the scruffy clothes three up and one over, or that woman behind me with the Bose headphones and the scowl, I think they were FTers, I really do.

So, short of attending all the Dos or getting into more successful idle chatter, how do we figure out who is one of us?

And yes, it has occurred to me that veteran FTers I have approached just took a look at me and decided, oh nooooo, I will not say yes to that dude, I will deny everything.
Old Jan 30, 17, 10:15 pm

Programs: Currently is: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA/Marriott/IHG Plat, Hilton Gold # Used to be: AC Super Elite
I would argue ESPECIALLY on Fridays -- Tempe is only 10min away from sky harbour and wooooo everyone local knows how fun it is over there at night

I <3 <3 <3 <3 love PHX <3 <3 <3 so much!!! If I bothered to 1. get a driver's license, and 2. willing to be a lifelong companyman, I'd prolly say f to sillycon valley and move there.

Kinda hope we can have another AC J plane micro-do as epic as the one we had. Doing beer pong on a plane .... nobody believes me when I tell them that

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 30, 17 at 10:31 pm
Old Jan 30, 17, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maradori View Post
I would argue ESPECIALLY on Fridays -- Tempe is only 10min away from sky harbour and wooooo everyone local knows how fun it is over there at night

I <3 <3 <3 <3 love PHX <3 <3 <3 so much!!! If I bothered to 1. get a driver's license, and 2. willing to be a lifelong companyman, I'd prolly say f to sillycon valley and move there.

Kinda hope we can have another AC J plane micro-do as epic as the one we had. Doing beer pong on a plane .... nobody believes me when I tell them that
I was alluding to something completely different than to what you are referring to.

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 30, 17 at 10:32 pm Reason: edit quote
Old Jan 30, 17, 10:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by DaveObee View Post
Over the past few years I have asked several people I thought might qualify as FTers (sitting in J, seemed to know what they were doing) if they were on Flyer Talk. So far, I'm batting .000. But that guy in the scruffy clothes three up and one over, or that woman behind me with the Bose headphones and the scowl, I think they were FTers, I really do.

So, short of attending all the Dos or getting into more successful idle chatter, how do we figure out who is one of us?

And yes, it has occurred to me that veteran FTers I have approached just took a look at me and decided, oh nooooo, I will not say yes to that dude, I will deny everything.
I asked someone in the CDG lounge and he said yes but did not reveal his FT handle. We had an interesting conversation.
Old Jan 30, 17, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I'm sure it is! Always enjoy my time the.

Really annoyed I couldn't make it out this time.

Must be many Canadian 3MM celebrities in PHX as I type this.

It was spectacular!! Every single day.

Attached Images  
Old Jan 30, 17, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some off the top of my head in no particular order and not a complete list (unplanned and met along the way):

parnel
taupo
acysb87
Empress and Andrew Yiu
Nordsfan
YEG_SE4Life
jaysona
Going nowhere fast

Some listed above I have bumped into more than once in very random fashion somewhere on this planet.
Old Jan 30, 17, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Are we only supposed to post the FTers met-along-the-way that were unplanned?
Do planned trips with other FTers count?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: