Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Did status sweep just happen for everyone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did status sweep just happen for everyone?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Lights_a_blur
Has anyone else not been invited to select privileges yet?
I'm still not able to select mine either. I'm dropping status levels with AC, so not sure if that has something to do with it.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: NEXUS, Amex Plat. JPMorgan Palladium
I Haven't been swept yet. Didn't have status last year, and just shy of 35K but with more then double the required AQD's could be the reason.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by gcashin
I'm still not able to select mine either. I'm dropping status levels with AC, so not sure if that has something to do with it.
Same here
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Nothing for me either. AQD posted five days ago to put it over 10K, dashboard remains on 75K banner
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Friend of mine has been "pending" E50K since January 1. He has a flight in 10 days. He has no status otherwise, so he's interested in the sweep.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Received my 75K package in YYC yesterday. Crossed the threshold and selected privileges in early Dec.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Earned the last AQM on Dec 23, though it took a while for the FP AQM to post. Sealed it for sure with flight on 26th.
I was able to select on Friday or Saturday (but didn't - still deliberating). Got the email to nudge me to do it today. Got off the fence and did it. Giving up the 75% to give Mr FQ a taste of status, since I don't envision being 75K as a usual thing.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Earned the last AQM on Dec 23, though it took a while for the FP AQM to post. Sealed it for sure with flight on 26th.
I was able to select on Friday or Saturday (but didn't - still deliberating). Got the email to nudge me to do it today. Got off the fence and did it. Giving up the 75% to give Mr FQ a taste of status, since I don't envision being 75K as a usual thing.
similar bought as you on E75, so I gave E35 to a friend that flies domestic a lot but lost status last year due to local clients for the majority of his work. He's already looking at 50ish segments for 2017 and I am looking at topping back to 50K for 2017 so it worked out perfect!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
Originally Posted by gcashin
Same here, should be falling to E75k
Old Jan 10, 2017, 10:45 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
My wife just got notified of her new 50K status today. She had never had any status until early qualifying for E35K in September. She actually ended up about 400 AQM short of 50K (while being way above the AQD), so I guess AC decided to comp her the status.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:58 pm

Data Point

I was at the following totals, never got an email but logined into Altitude last week and was asked to select.

AQM: 24,759 (Short 241)
AQS: 13
AQD: $3,317.20

Bumped to 25K, never had status before.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by reemal
I was at the following totals, never got an email but logined into Altitude last week and was asked to select.

Welcome to FT
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz President's Club, VIA Premier
Originally Posted by reemal

Similar situation here...except I had 17K AQM and about 20 segments. I was offered in December to buy the 25K status but respectfully declined. I was surprised to see an e-mail last week asking me select by options. I'm scratching my head. I wasn't even close. The only thing is that this year I have United Silver from my Marriott Plat (which, in turn, was given after the merger with SPG).

Is it normal to get comped Altitude 25 or whatever it's called? Never had status with an airline before this. Seems strange.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by OMCA
Similar situation here...except I had 17K AQM and about 20 segments. I was offered in December to buy the 25K status but respectfully declined. I was surprised to see an e-mail last week asking me select by options. I'm scratching my head. I wasn't even close. The only thing is that this year I have United Silver from my Marriott Plat (which, in turn, was given after the merger with SPG).

Is it normal to get comped Altitude 25 or whatever it's called? Never had status with an airline before this. Seems strange.
Maybe the AQD shaved off a lot of SE100Ks and they ar trying to keep up the number of Altitude members via handing out 25K status?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by OMCA

That's definitely odd. I've never seen status comped when someone is so far from the requirements. I wonder if your AQD count had something to do with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.