Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Did status sweep just happen for everyone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did status sweep just happen for everyone?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I can confirm that a sweep did happen last night. My mom was able to select her E35K privileges today. Still no sweep for me. AC Altitude on twitter is absolutely no help saying it could be anytime between Jan 6 (today) and Feb 28th.

I almost suspect the reason I wasn't swept up was that my flights from Dec 29th are still missing AQD, even though I was already well over $4000.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Geoflying
Still says

though
While it may say Your Progress : The number of Altitude Qualifying Miles (AQM) or Altitude Qualifying Segments (AQS) combined with your Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD) will determine your Altitude status for 2017.

The returned circles blub has been updated : This chart shows the number of Altitude Qualifying Segments (AQS) earned since January 1 on eligible flights operated by Air Canada and the Star Alliance member airlines. In addition to the number of AQS required in order to reach Air Canada Altitude status in 2018, you'll also need to earn the required Altitude Qualifying Dollars (AQD).

It makes me wonder why they bother giving anyone below SE100k the chance to select privileges before the Jan sweeps. I'm assuming that's why no packages have been sent out as if they were sending out E35k packs right now and then then find someone has hit E50k in a month they'd end up sending them too.

Unless someone has hit the top tier by say mid-December, there is no point asking them to select options in case they pass into other tier(s) before or on December 31st. Obviously said sweep would run after the AQD lady adds all AQD for 2016.

But then, I'm not sure why they do lots of different sweeps instead of one big one.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:05 pm

Well this is a new level of messed up - on my laptop browser (Chrome) my dashboard shows me as having achieved 50K, however when I click on the 2016 progress it shows me at 75% of 100K miles, 44% of 95 segments, and 100% of $9000 AQD. ?!? Those "goals" don't even fit entirely for either 75K or 100K.

Since that made no sense, I signed in on my phone so I could get a screenshot to paste here (I'm tech challenged and can only seem to do that via phone) and suddenly I get the red background and am being told I have until January 29th to select my 75K benefits. 2016 progress shows as above, but with the AQD corrected for my "next" goal being 100K.

Ahhh AC IT, stellar.

But yes, status sweep for me and I just crossed the line Dec 30th.

Last edited by nomadic.relief; Jan 6, 2017 at 1:08 pm Reason: clarification.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100
I made SE and have not seen or heard anything from AC via email or dashboard. When I hit E75 they sent me an email but nothing for SE. My dashboard still sits at E50 status. Hopefully soon!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Was just allowed to choose my "privileges". Last qualifying AQM-AQD was in mid-December.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:35 pm

If I'm going from E50K -> E35K, do I have to wait until March to select privileges and get new eupgrade credits?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: AP 1992- , AC SE1MM, NEXUS, GE, TD Visa Infinite Privilege, Fairmont Platinum
SE Privileges chosen, thanks, sweep must have indeed occurred yesterday (before reset of counters, all necessary AQMs and AQDs had posted on my dashboard)
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Didn't have it when I checked last night, checked today and it's there. So, yay.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:34 pm

YES! My 35k is active, and I selected my selects!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Wasn't able to select this morning, but just checked again, and now I was, 6 hours later. Woo.

Anyone know when one can expect eUps to be deposited?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Thanks for the heads up. I was just able to select my 100K privileges. I was a bit short of the 20,000 Mark so I was wondering if they would really give it to me or not with this sweep.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Altitude 35K
New to FT, just qualified for E35K for the first time. Finally got the sweep today. Father in law is SE100 and partner is 25K and both got to pick at the end of the December.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:15 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I was just offered the chance to select my SE privileges. I met the AQM requirement ages ago (September?) but had previously gotten the E75K qualification e-mail. AQD requirement was met on December 30th, but that last flight has not yet posted. So either the sweep ran ahead of the posting of the AQD or I got comped SE despite being about 89 AQD short of the goal...
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I was just offered the chance to select my SE privileges. I met the AQM requirement ages ago (September?) but had previously gotten the E75K qualification e-mail. AQD requirement was met on December 30th, but that last flight has not yet posted. So either the sweep ran ahead of the posting of the AQD or I got comped SE despite being about 89 AQD short of the goal...
Both my wife (50k) and I (100k) can now select on the altitude page. No e-mail though; that likely will be some time next week?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
I just logged in. Able to select my privileges for E50k. Could have sworn I had checked about 2-3 hours ago so something must have pushed on the AC side recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.